If she is this paranoid why the hell is she on a dating site?

smg15

I sent a message to this girl on a site called mingle and left her my number so we can talk. So she called me but it was from a blocked number and I was like........."she probably needs to get a feel for me first" And that was fine so we talked for the first time tonight and then after about 40 mins she was like she is about to go to sleep. So I was like.........."can I have your contact #"

She went through this whole thing about how she had scary experiences and would rather meet me face to face before giving her me her number. So now I am going to sleep on this and most likely I won't be chatting with her again because I don't have time for scary women. I thought the purpose of talking to someone the first is to determine if you want to give them your number.

I don't know what I should be turned off by more

1. The fact that she as a male roommate

or

2. She wants to meet me before giving me her number

This site is called Mingle2.com

Lernaean_Hydra

Paranoid? Try practical. When I was OLD I gave guys my Google Voice number :confused:.

A few years ago a tech savvy ex of mine told me he'd Googled my phone number and was able to pull up all sorts of things. I didn't believe him until he started reading me details so I did it for myself and sure enough, Googling it showed a lot of personal information (like my flipping billing address and surname). A secondary google search using said information brought up a whole lot more personal and specific info that was a battle to get pulled from various sites.

Nevertheless, if you're so bothered by this so-called paranoia or her male roommate (not sure why but who cares) then just move on. You don't even know this woman, it's hardly worth this level of consideration.

• Like 2
  • Author
Paranoid? Try practical. When I was OLD I gave guys my Google Voice number :confused:.

A few years ago a tech savvy ex of mine told me he'd Googled my phone number and was able to pull up all sorts of things. I didn't believe him until he started reading me details so I did it for myself and sure enough, Googling it showed a lot of personal information (like my flipping billing address and surname). A secondary google search using said information brought up a whole lot more personal and specific info that was a battle to get pulled from various sites.

Nevertheless, if you're so bothered by this so-called paranoia or her male roommate (not sure why but who cares) then just move on. You don't even know this woman, it's hardly worth this level of consideration.

Well she should have that then because I am not meeting anyone if I don't have a way to contact them. So I will mention she can get a google number or it's no meet

Sounds sensible to me if she had a bad experience in giving her number out.

I can empathise with that.

She doesn't know you after all so you haven't yet earned her trust.

I don't understand the issue with having a male roommate either.

If you don't like both of these things enough to post about them though I would suggest moving on as I suspect that you two wouldn't be a match.

• Author
Sounds sensible to me if she had a bad experience in giving her number out.

I can empathise with that.

She doesn't know you after all so you haven't yet earned her trust.

I don't understand the issue with having a male roommate either.

If you don't like both of these things enough to post about them though I would suggest moving on as I suspect that you two wouldn't be a match.

My issue is she wants to meet face to face before giving her contact number and I just don't do things like that.

My issue is she wants to meet face to face before giving her contact number and I just don't do things like that.

So don't meet her.

Problem solved.

• Like 5

honestly I think if you're that paranoid you shouldn't OLD. I wouldn't meet someone if I didn't have their number....what if I'm running late or something happens? If things go sour, people can always block a number, so whats the big deal about giving it out?

• Like 2

Stick to your gun. I would not meet a man that didn't give me his phone number either. I need a number to contact him if I am late or unable to make it. Also if during our coffee lets say something happened, he steels my wallet, what do I tell the cops? I accepted to met a man I don't know his name and I don't have his phone number? meh!

• Like 1
I sent a message to this girl on a site called mingle and left her my number so we can talk. So she called me but it was from a blocked number and I was like........."she probably needs to get a feel for me first" And that was fine so we talked for the first time tonight and then after about 40 mins she was like she is about to go to sleep. So I was like.........."can I have your contact #"

She went through this whole thing about how she had scary experiences and would rather meet me face to face before giving her me her number. So now I am going to sleep on this and most likely I won't be chatting with her again because I don't have time for scary women. I thought the purpose of talking to someone the first is to determine if you want to give them your number.

I don't know what I should be turned off by more

1. The fact that she as a male roommate

or

2. She wants to meet me before giving me her number

This site is called Mingle2.com

Ted Bundy seemed like a nice guy, too.

Obviously, you have not had a psycho you don't know blow up your phone.

She is completely in the right for not wanting to give out her contact information--she doesn't know you from a can of paint. And you'll have the opportunity to talk to her once she meets you face to face--and as you said "she probably needs to get a feel for me first". So, did you even mean that?

What does her living situation have to do with anything? It's really non sequitur to this conversation.

If you're already holding things against someone you don't even know, then you need to just leave her be so she can find someone who isn't "keeping score".

• Like 1
  • Author
honestly I think if you're that paranoid you shouldn't OLD. I wouldn't meet someone if I didn't have their number....what if I'm running late or something happens? If things go sour, people can always block a number, so whats the big deal about giving it out?

Exactly which is why after sleeping on it I decided to not accept her calls anymore

In this day and age, you can easily block someone if you don't want them contacting you. I agree, I wouldn't meet someone who wouldn't give out contact number....

• Author
In this day and age, you can easily block someone if you don't want them contacting you. I agree, I wouldn't meet someone who wouldn't give out contact number....

I asked her why she has not blocked the guys who were constantly calling and she claimed they called from other numbers lol

She was too weird and I decided I am not meeting her at all. And if she calls me again I will make sure the conversation is sexual lol

• Like 1
deathandtaxes

You shouldn't be turned off by either. Why do you need her number so bad? If you can't wait until you meet, then she's not the lady for you. And you probably just reinforced to her why SHE doesn't give her number out.

I had a female roommate for over a year and a half before. Never bothered any of the ladies I ever dated or brought over to the condo I was staying in.

Chill....