So she texts me out of the blue

aab45

I met this girl online and we started chatting and hit it off. We went out to dinner for a first date back in December. We had a good time and continued to talk in the days afterwards. I setup a second date with her and she flaked out on it. She stopped responding to my texts so I figured "oh well...her loss".

Fast forward a month and she resurfaces and texts me out of the blue. Just a simple "Hey, it's been awhile...how are you?".

I'm not really understanding this behavior. Was I her backup guy (plan B) after her primary interest got away? Or is something else afoot?

I'm 33 and she's 29 if that matters.

Sounds like she would probably like a second date. She sounds level headed overall, not being desperate and just coming back casual. You should take her out again. If she flakes again though.....

you will never truly know why she never continued with you even if she told you. it could be a number of things. maybe she found a better option and went that way till it wore out. who knows.

I did have a date with a woman once and she said the company she was employed at was closing shop and ultimaetly she got depressed and went silence. a few days later she sent me a text and we did have some back and forth exchanges but never more than that. I was very neutral with my tone to her. she never asked for a date and I never offered

there was another woman from old I texted and she replied, dissapeared from the site for a few days. came back and then texted me. I said no thank you. it was obvious she tried dating another and it didnt go well.

if you like her and dont have other options then go ahead and text back.

otoh this is something that makes me suspicious of that person. doesnt show loyalty to me but thats me

If you're interested and not really bothered either way (if you get a response or not) i'd message back. Tell her you're fine and thanks for asking. Something like "hey! yeah it's been a while, i'm great thanks". It'll put her in a position where she'll have to go further with the motivation behind her text (responding with something like "that's good... i was thinking about our date" etc etc etc), or it'll make her uncomfortable because you show you don't really care /aren't bothered about seeing her again when she's probably expecting you to jump out of your chair. If you can entertain this without caring i would do it, just see what she wants. Be impersonal but polite.

Sounds like she would probably like a second date. She sounds level headed overall, not being desperate and just coming back casual. You should take her out again. If she flakes again though.....

So if my company is interviewing someone and the first interview goes great and we invite them for a second interview, but they cancel on it and never reschedule... and then they wait a month and casually ask me "What's going on?"... I should totally give that person a second interview, correct?