Activity on first date

oberkeat

I've mentioned that I'm fed up with boring dinner and coffee dates. Folks have suggested activity dates like bowling, laser tag, museums, jazz clubs, and other things. My question though, is, aren't activity dates better only for second, third, forth, etc. dates? Or can they still work for first dates, where the emphasis is on getting to know each other?

Anything can be a good 1st date if both people enjoy the activity. It is a bit easier to focus on the conversation if you aren't moving around & engaging in strenuous activity but some people prefer that.

I've mentioned that I'm fed up with boring dinner and coffee dates. Folks have suggested activity dates like bowling, laser tag, museums, jazz clubs, and other things. My question though, is, aren't activity dates better only for second, third, forth, etc. dates? Or can they still work for first dates, where the emphasis is on getting to know each other?

as long as you both agree it's all good :)

You aren't going to get to know each other on a first date. People can say anything on a first meeting. Better for them to at least prove one thing on their profile is correct... at least you establish that you actually do have at least ONE thing in common for real... not just in their imagination.

All if my best first dates were at museums; you could have eye contact when you wanted it, but could look away when you didn't want it. I could learn about a person based on what they found appealing in a museum. And it occasionally allowed for physical touching, if desired; grabbing to hold a hand or something.

• Like 1