Do you think she's interested?

zxcvbnm1234

During my latest university class, a girl I don't known came and sat next to me although there were almost no one in the room (she could have chosen tens of other places). I thought this was a bit strange, but didn't say anything. Her male friend sat next to her on the other side.

I can't remember seeing her or her male friend before (they probably had different classes last semester). After a few minutes I saw the girl staring at me from the corner of my eye, not in a creepy way but the was smiling and resting her head in her hand. I didn't look back as our heads would be very close to each other (would seem strange, as we don't know each other).

She sat very close to me for the whole class, except the 10 minute break, when she was near the middle of her seat but a little bit closer to her male friend, as she was speaking with him for the whole break. They only seemed like friends, certainly not gf/bf.

It's quite cold in this city so both me and the girl wore light sweaters. She removed/put on again her sweater probably 6-8 times during the class (lasting 2 hours); each time she was touching me much more than what would be normal (it certainly wasn't accidental). I'm interpreting this as an "excuse" for touching me. She used this "trick" 2 times as we were preparing to leave the class.

There's no armrest between our chairs and she was "unnaturally" close to me (only like bf/gf would do), although the seat next to mine was empty so I leaned more towards that seat in order to keep some personal space (as most people would probably do when they don't know the other person).

Do you think she's interested, or am I overanalyzing? It surprises me that she would think of starting a romantic relationship with anyone (f that's what she's thinking), as we're in the final months of an MSc at a very well regarded university. Wouldn't have time for a romantic relationship, probably. I'll go back to my home country in a few months (and will live/work there for my whole career, probably), so if I started to get to know her now it would only be for a few months.

Thanks for any advice.

Talk to her. She is trying to get your attention. Now, she can't possibly know if she likes you or not if you don't have a conversation with her and be friendly. But she's open to being social at least.

She either likes you or she is an attentions seeker. Only one way of finding that out and that's to speak to her. Just start a casual conversation with with her and monitor her body language carefully. Don't jump in head first! If you think that she likes you then progress how you see fit. Good luck.

Edited by Rik777