Is it normal or usual for guy to kiss your cheek

4everloveu

I went out on 1st date with this guy and he hug and kiss my cheek after drop me off. Is all the guy doing this on their first date.

LookAtThisPOst
I went out on 1st date with this guy and he hug and kiss my cheek after drop me off. Is all the guy doing this on their first date.

I wouldn't say a kiss on cheek is pretty good for a first date. ...I don't really put a time limit on this kind of thing and prefer to let things happen organically.

• Author
What's wrong with a kiss on the cheek? It's sweet and gentlemanly, I think.

I think it sweet too. But not sure he interest for second date since he hasn't asking. I text and invited him for dinner but no reply yet.

Firstly: How long since you last talked to him?

If it's been less than 24 hours or no more than a day then don't assume the worst. He really and truly could be busy with work/school/whatever and not intentionally not messaging you back.

• Author
Firstly: How long since you last talked to him?

If it's been less than 24 hours or no more than a day then don't assume the worst. He really and truly could be busy with work/school/whatever and not intentionally not messaging you back.

He texted me yesterday at 6:37pm and told me it Tough day at work. This morning and texted him and said Good morning. He didn't respond to my texted. Usually he texted back with good morning.

He texted me yesterday at 6:37pm and told me it Tough day at work. This morning and texted him and said Good morning. He didn't respond to my texted. Usually he texted back with good morning.

The day isn't done yet...

Now, if you invited him over for dinner tonight, then it is unfortunate that you never heard back from him. Just don't send anything else. If you hear from him & you still want to see him again, then great but if you don't hear from him it isn't the end of the world. Remember there are other options out there in this great big world. (=

• Author
The day isn't done yet...

Now, if you invited him over for dinner tonight, then it is unfortunate that you never heard back from him. Just don't send anything else. If you hear from him & you still want to see him again, then great but if you don't hear from him it isn't the end of the world. Remember there are other options out there in this great big world. (=

I invited him out and see if he is free this weekend. Not over to my house. It's okay if he not reply.

I invited him out and see if he is free this weekend. Not over to my house. It's okay if he not reply.

Did you enjoy meeting him? Did the date go well?

• Author
Did you enjoy meeting him? Did the date go well?

Yes, I enjoyed meeting home. Our dated was on for 3 hours. I think it goes well. He texted me later that night and said that I was quite. He drop me off around 5pm and texted me at 9pm. But when I texted him, he reply very short.

Yes, I enjoyed meeting home. Our dated was on for 3 hours. I think it goes well. He texted me later that night and said that I was quite. He drop me off around 5pm and texted me at 9pm. But when I texted him, he reply very short.

Well that's all good then! Be cool. Don't stress out. Don't initiate anymore contact. Wait it out. And keep reminding yourself that it was just a first date.

• Author
Well that's all good then! Be cool. Don't stress out. Don't initiate anymore contact. Wait it out. And keep reminding yourself that it was just a first date.

Thank you! I better stop texting.

todreaminblue
What's wrong with a kiss on the cheek? It's sweet and gentlemanly, I think.

I think it is too me85.....sweet and gentlemanly...respectful....gentle.....smile worthy.....and lets you know the guy has an interest if it is after a first date.....its old school charm...:0)...deb

• Like 2
LoveRefreshed

I will typically kiss a girl on the cheek if I don't really know her at all before hand.

I mean, if I have had several interactions with a girl, that have been flirty, I'll go straight for the kiss on the lips. But if we are strangers, I think it is best to give a kiss on the cheek.

• Like 2

If you don't mind my asking, and if you are comfortable doing so, can you share what region of the world you live in, and your cultural background? I think sometimes a lot of the advice here is very US or UK-oriented (in terms of expectations and norms), but it may be useful to know elsewhere in the world, or if you have a different cultural background from many of us commenters.

• Author
I think it is too me85.....sweet and gentlemanly...respectful....gentle.....smile worthy.....and lets you know the guy has an interest if it is after a first date.....its old school charm...:0)...deb

He 52 yrs old and I'm 43 yrs. do you think he is interested.

• Author
If you don't mind my asking, and if you are comfortable doing so, can you share what region of the world you live in, and your cultural background? I think sometimes a lot of the advice here is very US or UK-oriented (in terms of expectations and norms), but it may be useful to know elsewhere in the world, or if you have a different cultural background from many of us commenters.

I in the US and we live 30 min apart. I'm asian and he is Irish.

You're welcome! No problem. We're all here to help as best as we can. Enjoy the rest of your day 4everloveu!!!

todreaminblue
He 52 yrs old and I'm 43 yrs. do you think he is interested.

with age often comes old school so it is possible that he is.....how is the communication between you two....deb

• Author
with age often comes old school so it is possible that he is.....how is the communication between you two....deb

Communication very slow from him. When I texted he reply. He has a son and daughter and sometime they home with him. I saw him on last Sunday for our 1st date. Yesterday he texted and said it a tough day at work, but didn't said much.

todreaminblue
Since this morning, I didn't see his reply. So I texted and said that I wont bug him. Did I do it wrongly.

i think you should relax a little yes...like right now ...relax......let things happen and dont worry about every message....be happy ....be hopeful....let go a little......deb

Ninjainpajamas

It doesn't matter how he kissed you, or even where he kissed you. It doesn't even matter if he slept with you, if the man doesn't call you back then he isn't interested.

All the things women obsess over typically mean nothing to men, but then often try to analyze the behavior of men to try and understand his interest and intent...while the man himself is likely unaware of what he is doing and just reacting off the moment for any other reason.

• Like 1
  • Author
i think you should relax a little yes...like right now ...relax......let things happen and dont worry about every message....be happy ....be hopeful....let go a little......deb

Okay, I'll relax and take it easy. I'll let thing happen like you said. Thank you

• Like 1

Its hard to say OP.

Sometimes a kiss on the cheek can mean "I think you're cute and sweet, let me show some affection, but be patient on our first kiss"

And sometimes a kiss on the check can mean "you're a cool gal, but Im just not into you". Sometimes its a way to give a girl something nicer than a hug.

It really depends on how your date went overall.

• Like 1