on beautiful people dating site I don't know what to expect

Leigh 87

I was accepted into beautifulpeople com, a dating site, to help cut out those that you are not attracted to. You are voted in over the course of 48 hours by members of the opposite sex. The premise is: if most of the men/women find you very attractive, you are granted membership, which eliminates the chance of you messaging someone that doesn't find you attractive.

Has anyone had any experience with that dating site?

I don't expect anything to come of it; if no men I was attracted to messaged me on the other sites (bar like, 3 I was attracted to in total), then why would such men message me on this "new" dating site?

Are the people on this site going to be awfully shallow, or were they simply sick of people they weren't attracted to messaging them on other dating sites? The men I have fallen the hardest for were not "hot" by most peoples standards, but to me I felt an amazing spark upon first meeting them. ...however.. I met these spark guys in real life..... when it comes to ONLINE - have to say - the majority of men that messaged me on Okcupid and equivalent sites - I was not attracted to. And you know, I am sure the better looking guys didn't message me because they weren't attracted, either...

I haven't given the site a go yet as I am not focused on dating but I am interested to hear other peoples experiences with this "different" sort of an online dating site.

Any people have experiences to share from this dating website? The good and the bad....

Is it a hook up site of sorts? Only really hot men are able to join so perhaps they just couldn't be bothered going out to clubs or bars, and online is cheaper and easier?

Please share your experiences!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

I couldn't get voted in to that site when I tried. I tried a few different pictures, but it didn't work. Not sure why. I think there must be a software defect or something.

• Like 12
I couldn't get voted in to that site when I tried. I tried a few different pictures, but it didn't work. Not sure why. I think there must be a software defect or something.

Would you like to use my picture?

• Like 10

Have you considered SassyNSingle ? It never has software defects.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

Maybe it filters out bathroom mirror selfies. ;)

Leigh - Congrats on being one of the beautiful people. Now you cant say you are just average looking anymore. lol I find it strange that if you harldy fancied anyone on the regular sites, that you suspect no better on this one, given the key defining difference for this site. I'm sure you will, but whether most of the guys on there are to sample as many of the goods as possible (ie you'll get flings mostly) you'll have to find out and give a us review.

• Like 1

What if that website is just full of average ppl who think they're beautiful? What if it's just full of fakers? I've never even heard of it. Is it new? How could you use that website and not be embarrassed to tell people?

I got curious so I took a peek def a narcissist dream site I loved their intro..

"Browse beautiful profiles of men and women without sifting through all the riff raff"

LMAO....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::rolleyes:

• Like 6
LoveRefreshed

I expect you will find a lot of vain and selfish people to date.

If you're truly beautiful, and need to use a dating website, your personality must suck something rotten.

EDIT:

I expect you will find a lot of vain, selfish and *good looking* people to date.

• Like 5
LoveRefreshed

Oh also, haha, good thought I had.

Most guys would bone you not date you. It seems like it would be abit of polygamous. Women are going to have much stricter criteria for beautiful looks and I can imagine men are going to say yes to pretty much anything they would like to stick their dick in.

Good luck finding a meaningful and strong connection there.

• Author

I don't for looks when it comes to being hot or not...

The men I have felt the instant intense chemistry and spark with were NOT the people that would get voted into beautiful people....

I just found the dating sites I went on were full of men who messaged me who I had no attraction to based on their pictures. Thought I would try a site with better looking men, for a laugh if anything else.

I am not focused on dating really so if I am going to even bother with online at all - then yeah, I would rather only bother if a guy I find attractive messages me.

But yeah....I have never gone for "hot" men. I go for men with cute faces - I never care if they are overweight, hairy, bald.. whatever.

Men who have some kind of imperfection have always appealed hugely to me - latest guy was Irish, a big rough around the edges and his teeth were afflicted from being a smoker - but from day one, I had intense chemistry with him and he made my heart race effortlessly (although I fell for his personality also..).

The guy before him I had the instant spark with - he was bald and over weight but I really found it to be highly attractive, way more than the gym toned men with 6 packs.

• Author
I expect you will find a lot of vain and selfish people to date.

If you're truly beautiful, and need to use a dating website, your personality must suck something rotten.

EDIT:

I expect you will find a lot of vain, selfish and *good looking* people to date.

I meet most of my men in real life but thanks for your comment:lmao:

I am not truly beautiful to all men; just as many men find me average or ugly. A few men find me beautiful but just as many don't.

I meet plenty of men in my every day life and online dating, as most of the posters on here know about - is simply about increasing your options and being able to get to know more men.

And for the record - two men who I was really interested in - I approached - and they admitted that they would never have been game enough to have started talking to me and that they were really attracted to me/wouldn't have thought I would go for them....

So yeah...sometimes I have found men to have been really attracted to me but not brave enough to approach - and I am not even one of the beautiful people really, you can imagine what universally and traditionally beautiful women go through - many men in real life just don't have the balls to approach them.

I am a woman that gets approached but not all the men who are attracted to me have approached me and it has taken ME to make the first move...

My friend is a model and she is prettier than me (obviously), and yeah, men are too intimidated to approach her most of the time.

She is truly beautiful and ... perpetually single.

• Author
What if that website is just full of average ppl who think they're beautiful? What if it's just full of fakers? I've never even heard of it. Is it new? How could you use that website and not be embarrassed to tell people?

I am one of the least good looking people on there to be honest. They are all mostly model material.

No universally ugly people are on there at all. Definitely more attractive than other dating websites!

They are not average for the most part although a few outliers like me get in (beautiful figures but average to cute faces that a few find gorgeous but just as many DO NOT).

Why would I be embarrassed? It is a bit of a laugh, something funny to try out.

And you cannot fake - you have to take a picture upon being accepted, and hold a sign up verifying that it is actually a legitimate person and not some picture you got on google.

• Author

Anyway I still haven't even verified my account yet I cannot be bothered I will next week sometime and see how it goes.

Would be nice to just have the odd date with a man that I am attracted to every so often when I am studying full time/working and have no time to go out and meet men.

LoveRefreshed
I meet most of my men in real life but thanks for your comment:lmao:

I am not truly beautiful to all men; just as many men find me average or ugly. A few men find me beautiful but just as many don't.

I meet plenty of men in my every day life and online dating, as most of the posters on here know about - is simply about increasing your options and being able to get to know more men.

And for the record - two men who I was really interested in - I approached - and they admitted that they would never have been game enough to have started talking to me and that they were really attracted to me/wouldn't have thought I would go for them....

So yeah...sometimes I have found men to have been really attracted to me but not brave enough to approach - and I am not even one of the beautiful people really, you can imagine what universally and traditionally beautiful women go through - many men in real life just don't have the balls to approach them.

I am a woman that gets approached but not all the men who are attracted to me have approached me and it has taken ME to make the first move...

My friend is a model and she is prettier than me (obviously), and yeah, men are too intimidated to approach her most of the time.

She is truly beautiful and ... perpetually single.

You say looks aren't what create the spark for you.. but are on a website whose ideology is that the sole dating world is reduced to phsyical attraction. Yes it is important, but ffs, this is a whole new level.

Your friend has never met me, clearly. I have an endless supply of confidence and courage for asking out the ladies... Here, let me get my number to give to her...

Because confidence plays a role in attraction, another reason I am against OLD... it takes 0 confidence to send a message to a stranger. Going up in person with humility and asking them out takes courage. A rejection, no matter how soft will humble the ego. It's about not being afraid of it. Beautiful people cry about this all the time, why don't they ask someone out? Because they are just as afraid of that ego shaking as the rest of us. Because beneath the beautiful surface is a torrent of insecurities and inadequacies. Welcome down here with the rest of us who don't have that beautiful face. All of our **** stinks.

Haha that site sounds awful. I truly believe it is in the eye of the beholder. I will make up my own mind who is "beautiful" thanks!

• Like 4
I got curious so I took a peek def a narcissist dream site I loved their intro..

"Browse beautiful profiles of men and women without sifting through all the riff raff"

LMAO....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::rolleyes:

And for this reason I would never ever use that site.

If someone can be so callous to value looks so highly I actually do not want to meet them.

The whole ethos of that site makes me cringe.

Bad idea to judge a person on a few photographs... Perhaps you should have met some of these men and taken a "real life" stab at meeting a real live person...

Good luck at the weigh ins. Better stop eating and get some surgery so you can keep up!

• Like 2
Haha that site sounds awful. I truly believe it is in the eye of the beholder. I will make up my own mind who is "beautiful" thanks!

I read an article about people who have worked hard to get onto the site and the before and after photos.

All had surgery, larger breasts, nose jobs etc. Then had professional make up lessons and finally the photos posted were done by professionals.

They were "mentored" by other members on the site.

None of them had found love through it.

There was also talk about how you have to go to regular meetings to ensure that you do not put on weight or your looks don't decrease in any way... If you had an accident and had bruising at a meeting you were kicked off the site and would have to reapply...

Sorry but I just couldn't stomach it.

• Like 1

Thats even more insane than I had imagined. How sad.

I wouldn't want to be with someone completely shallow and also think modesty is a nice trait haha.

• Like 2
  • Author
I read an article about people who have worked hard to get onto the site and the before and after photos.

All had surgery, larger breasts, nose jobs etc. Then had professional make up lessons and finally the photos posted were done by professionals.

They were "mentored" by other members on the site.

None of them had found love through it.

There was also talk about how you have to go to regular meetings to ensure that you do not put on weight or your looks don't decrease in any way... If you had an accident and had bruising at a meeting you were kicked off the site and would have to reapply...

Sorry but I just couldn't stomach it.

Wow.

Well if I even go on any date I should expect the guy to tell me I need dental work or something:sick:

Wow.

Well if I even go on any date I should expect the guy to tell me I need dental work or something:sick:

Oh and if you have a cute slightly crooked tooth or they decide that your boobs are the wrong size etc they will tell you.

Narcissist City that site. But at least the guys will be good looking.

Good luck!

• Like 1
LoveRefreshed
Oh and if you have a cute slightly crooked tooth or they decide that your boobs are the wrong size etc they will tell you.

Narcissist City that site. But at least the guys will be good looking.

Good luck!

Didn't you know that women will tolerate a lot from a man who is good looking? I mean tolerate a man whom they are in love with.

• Like 2

They claim to be a legitimate place for attractive people to date and network and in the job boards portion available to members, one posting was literally "Lady For Under My Desk". I wonder if he offers medical and dental.

• Like 2