if our social scene is awkwardly connected for her, but otherwise she likes me

chancey

Ok, so I asked one girl out that I know. She's an actor and really gorgeous. But that's not even the main reason I like her, she's just really nice girl in all levels. Or so she seems.

We don't really know each other that well. We have talked a bit but only some. But we're in a really close social circle.

I know that she digs me too. At least it seems like it.

But I made a mistake and I asked her out maybe a bit too soon without really trying to flirt with her and did that over the internet. She wanted to come at first but backed out then. But she went quite out of her way to tell me that she'd really really like to hang out but it's too complicated for her.

The problem is that we're way too connected. I know her ex quite well. And her ex might still want her back I assume. Even though she doesn't want to. He cheated on her several times etc. They are broken up half a year. And she knows my ex and we had a bad breakup half a year ago with my ex. And there's even more probably as there was this other girl who was (even though very remotely and arbitrary) involved in both our breakups. She wasn't at all the reason of the breakup and it's quite far fetched but it's just another layer to this small town crap. And we have another friends who are connected to us as well, but not that awkwardly. Other people are just friends which is good even.

She told me honestly that she'd really like to hang out but it's too small circle for her, and she doesn't want speculations. And that we live in too small place for this. Our place is not that super small but our social circle, yeah is quite connected and maybe a bit too small. And that she hates sometimes our town for it, even though she likes it here otherwise. She is quite a metropolitan chick I assume as she travels a lot because of work. So, even though she likes it here and wants to call this home, she meets a lot of people in big cities all the time.

Ok, so I probably blew it asking her out too soon and via internet :) Should have just tried to hang out with her a bit at parties beforehand and whatnot. To get her a bit more than a bit interested, so the awkwardness of our social connections wouldn't outweigh it.

Just wanted to hear some advice, it there something I could do still. I'm not obsessed with this girl but I'd just wanted to give it a chance as I know we both like each other.

Just try to casually and in a friendly way to hang out with her at parties still? She does want to talk to me, just didn't came to a date now when I asked.

She even kind of agreed we could go to somewhere else, like a gig in some other town or whatnot, so we wouldn't be instantly seen on a date by others. That was a joke I made, but she kind of agreed. I dunno :)

I have to admit I am a bit disappointed that I didn't ask her out some other time or didn't handle the situation a bit differently now. She also just told me, so I'm sure I'll be fine with it soon. But either me or she was always in a relationship before. And now we're both single. But just there's quite a bit of social baggage around us. I have to admit, since she is drop dead gorgeous then I was also a bit intimidated. I'm good looking too though and I'm quite a successful.

I had a bad breakup and was down for a while. I'm maybe a bit modest and shy sometimes but I'm definitely a catch. There's several super fit girls interested in me at the moment. Girls who are models etc. Not that I'm after models but still.

I don't wanna come out needy, but I am by far most interested in the above girl still. And would like to explore my chances still a bit before giving up :))

Well, I completely understand how complex it would be. In my younger days, I cross-pollinated on the most tangled and long vine you could even imagine. Everyone knew everyone else and saw everyone else everywhere, including work. Every time there was a splash, the ripples fanned out over a large area and reverberated for decades to come. She's showing good sense. Maybe there will be a better time in the future, though. Timing is everything in those small circles.