I asked him for his email but he never replied

ShiningMoon

I have been talking to a guy online for about a week now. We "get along" great but due to my busy schedule, I asked him if we could talk via email. I don’t have much time to spend on an online dating website and all I do is filter uninteresting emails. Hence, I told him I’m going to delete my account but would like to keep in touch.

He’s been sending me very lengthy messages daily to the point where it takes me about 40 minutes each night to reply to his messages. It’s time I don’t have, truly.

He’s 20 and a college student which gives him a lot of spare time. I’m 24 and I’ve just started my first job. I really don’t have time to send lengthy emails daily.

I asked him for his email (I gave him mine) but he has yet to reply. Mind you, he also lives halfway across the world which obviously doesn’t help.

Why is he not replying? I didn’t ask for his number or address?!

Thanks!

• Like 1

A common scamming technique from OLD is to get people off the site and into email.

Not saying that is what you are doing, but it is a red flag (possibly) that many do not ignore.

• Like 1
  • Author
A common scamming technique from OLD is to get people off the site and into email.

Not saying that is what you are doing, but it is a red flag (possibly) that many do not ignore.

I didn't even know that was a technique. I just want to be able to delete my account. I still want to keep in touch with him though otherwise I wouldn't have given him my address.

Plus, he lives halfway across the world which is a factor one shouldn't ignore. How does he exactly plan on seeing me? Aside from emails, I don't see any ways to keep in touch (Whatsapp & Facebook, I don't have for privacy reasons).

• Like 1

I dont know why you're bothering with someone halfway across the world, hes 20 a student so hes got no money its likely he doesn't plan on seeing you at all.

• Like 2

He might think your asking for his email is a scam or he's busy (plus time difference.)

You've identified the problem here - he's half way across the world. And you really don't know this guy or what his life is all about. For all you know he could be dating other women and you're his distraction when he has time.

Unless he has his own jet and can fly to see you every week or two you'd be better off looking for someone closer.

Otherwise, you'll "fall in love" with him, have little chance of being together, be in a "long distance relationship" (that isn't real but a fantasy) and set yourself up for a broken heart when he finds someone else.

• Like 1
Plus, he lives halfway across the world which is a factor one shouldn't ignore. How does he exactly plan on seeing me? Aside from emails, I don't see any ways to keep in touch (Whatsapp & Facebook, I don't have for privacy reasons).

So, why are you pursuing this?

• Like 1

What exactly do you want – a pen pal? He’s a 20 y/o student halfway across the world. You keep saying you don’t have time to reply to his long messages but you keep doing it. I think you’re wasting your time. He’s not giving his email because he’s not that interested and just wants to play around on the dating site. Btw he says he’s a 20 y/o student but in reality he could be a 45 y/o truck driver who lives within 15 miles with his wife and 3 kids. I say move on if you really want to actually date.

• Like 1