Dateless owl

Gold Pile

It's never easy to persuade a lady over the age of 35 to spend time in a remote cabin. None the less I had a New Year's date all lined up for a trip to a remote cabin in New England. We were to stop for grub at some eatery she liked in CT. I was financially relieved to find the place had closed. Diagonally across the street of the now empty store was some sort of nature trail. I insisted we talk a nature walk. It was my way of using up time without spending money on lunch somewhere.

Near the end of our walk, an Owl landed nearby and proceeded to follow us on foot. Owls are creepy, they walk funny and have round, un-birdlike faces. Even the name is weird....Owl. I tried to shoe it away in vain. I tossed a stick near it but it still followed us with it's sinister intensions . As we got in the car it leaped/flew onto the closest trashcan. I nudged the can with my car to show it who was the dominate species. The Owl wasn't fazed but my date was very upset with my behavior. She didn't hold the Owl accountable for his behavior though, and this upset me. After this squabble she made me drop her off....no New Year's Date for me.

I headed north, long drive. Stopped for pizza at the last town. The cabin was cold and so was my pizza. I got a fire going in the wood stove, it warmed the cabin and the pizza. I ignored the booze and drank hot coco as I basked in the warmth of the roaring stove. The woods outside were almost silent, and of course no car/city noise at all. A minor snowfall was visible in the fading light. No date but all in all it was a really nice evening. Wherever you are, there you are, enjoy it. Happy New Year everyone.

Edited by Gold Pile
  • Like 2
It's never easy to persuade a lady over the age of 35 to spend time in a remote cabin.

Yeah, usually it involves DuctTape and a car with a trunk, and you inevitably end up with scratches on your face and forearms.

Are you saying you have generally found it easier to entice ladies under the age of 35 to accompany you on dates to a remote New England cabin?

None the less I had a New Year's date all lined up for a trip to a remote cabin in New England. We were to stop for grub at some eatery she liked in CT. I was financially relieved to find the place had closed. Diagonally across the street of the now empty store was some sort of nature trail. I insisted we talk a nature walk. It was my way of using up time without spending money on lunch somewhere.

Yes, turning the old GP charm up to "11" once again!

Near the end of our walk, an Owl landed nearby and proceeded to follow us on foot. Owls are creepy, they walk funny and have round, un-birdlike faces. Even the name is weird....Owl. I tried to shoe it away in vain. I tossed a stick near it but it still followed us with it's sinister intensions . As we got in the car it leaped/flew onto the closest trashcan. I nudged the can with my car to show it who was the dominate species. The Owl wasn't fazed but my date was very upset with my behavior. She didn't hold the Owl accountable for his behavior though, and this upset me. After this squabble she made me drop her off....no New Year's Date for me.

Maybe the Owl, being wise (as they are known to be) had a sense that this wasn't the lady for you, and did you a favor by catalyzing the discord which ultimately drove her away. Your "guardian owl", so to speak.

I headed north, long drive. Stopped for pizza at the last town. The cabin was cold and so was my pizza. I got a fire going in the wood stove, it warmed the cabin and the pizza. I ignored the booze and drank hot coco as I basked in the warmth of the roaring stove. The woods outside were almost silent, and of course no car/city noise at all. A minor snowfall was visible in the fading light. No date but all in all it was a really nice evening. Wherever you are, there you are, enjoy it. Happy New Year everyone.

Sounds like a wonderful, peaceful evening, GP. Happy New Year to you too!

• Like 2
Maybe the Owl, being wise (as they are known to be) had a sense that this wasn't the lady for you, and did you a favor by catalyzing the discord which ultimately drove her away. Your "guardian owl", so to speak.

ahahahaha Sorry it didn't work out, GP!

• Like 1