OLD- Why do guys from other countries & states send messages?

Country_Girl

Back into online dating, tried a few sites in the past with little luck. Using a new one now called Skout.

I am getting messages locally, but why on earth would guys 6000 miles away bother messaging? I made it clear I'm looking for local dating and/or hiking buddies. But it doesn't stop people from: Egypt, GB, France, etc from messaging me.

What is the point? Are these people just looking for an ego boost hoping to get messages from a pretty lady? I just don't really follow since I made it clear I'm not looking for LDR.

Believe me, the same thing happens to men! It's fun to message someone that you have no chance of meeting, I suppose. Kind of like fantasizing about a movie star. Women do that sometimes, no?

LookAtThisPOst

Not to mention when I FINALLY get a message from a woman, esp. if she's attractive, turns out it's someone with a sick parent wanting you to send them money. :laugh:

They would prefer a long distance relationship over nothing, been there done that. It's not such a bad experience but it makes things a whole lot harder if you really want to be with them.

• Author
Believe me, the same thing happens to men! It's fun to message someone that you have no chance of meeting, I suppose. Kind of like fantasizing about a movie star. Women do that sometimes, no?

I guess it makes sense, I don't mind talking to someone across the world- I find it neat that we can communicate across the globe with other cultures/ethnicities/countries. But I guess I wonder why since it seems like a waste of time. I'm all for pen pals, but they aren't leading in that direction if that makes sense, based on messages.

But yeah, I'm sure men experience it as much as women.

• Like 1
spanishchick00

Probably an ego boast. Or they think they can "win you over." Either that they don't know how to read. I would put specific age requirements on my profile-late 20's to early 30's. I'm in my early 30's. And did that stop 55 year old dudes them from messaging??? Nope. I would get messages from 55-60 year old men. My god! And I even put that on my profile-I HAVE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS. I would ignore them, but it got to a point where I was getting like 10 messages a day from 55 year olds. Ugh.

I guess it makes sense, I don't mind talking to someone across the world- I find it neat that we can communicate across the globe with other cultures/ethnicities/countries. But I guess I wonder why since it seems like a waste of time. I'm all for pen pals, but they aren't leading in that direction if that makes sense, based on messages.

But yeah, I'm sure men experience it as much as women.

You have a very nice attitude

• Like 1
  • Author
Probably an ego boast. Or they think they can "win you over." Either that they don't know how to read. I would put specific age requirements on my profile-late 20's to early 30's. I'm in my early 30's. And did that stop 55 year old dudes them from messaging??? Nope. I would get messages from 55-60 year old men. My god! And I even put that on my profile-I HAVE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS. I would ignore them, but it got to a point where I was getting like 10 messages a day from 55 year olds. Ugh.

Yeah I have an age requirement in my profile as well, and you are right, doesn't stop them! I don't know what's more gross, messages from a 60 yr old or 18 yr old. Gross all around!