Should I draw her portarait?

Trenton100

Seeing how I've only known her for two weeks (I'll be seeing her tomorrow and then Friday too), I figure an xmas present is too heavy right now.

However, I'm pretty ridiculous with a pencil.

How about I take one of those selfies she sent and do a drawing? Too much?

Recite her a poem out side her bed room window - no definitely do not do that :)

On a serious note, you will most likely get a mixed response on here with a question like that. I myself, probably wouldn't.

I think it would really depend on the woman and how she feels about you. Earlier this year I went out for a few weeks with a guy who made me a hat (long story; different post). Anyway, if I'd really liked the guy, I would have found it very endearing, but I was still kind of feeling him out, so as it was, I found the whole ordeal kinda cheesy and off-putting and I broke up with him the very next week, and the hat was the tipping point.

Make sure any gift you give her is something she'd truly appreciate, rather than something that makes you feel good about yourself.

• Like 1

Some women like that kind of attention and others want you to basically be dating them but pining over another woman, it's up to you to feel out which one she is.

• Author
Is this for the woman you've been on one date with?

No, no don't do that.

Well we talk all the time.

Ok ok. I wont do it. I'll just buy her a coffee.

• Author

Hey, she's coming at me, asking me to see her. It wasn't my suggestion to meet for lunch or see her Friday. That's been all her.

Nah, I wouldn't. If you're thinking gifts a nice christmas themed date should suffice. Also I hope this "selfie" you're talking about isn't a nude, 'cause real life doesn't work like the movie "Titanic".

• Like 2
  • Author
Nah, I wouldn't. If you're thinking gifts a nice christmas themed date should suffice. Also I hope this "selfie" you're talking about isn't a nude, 'cause real life doesn't work like the movie "Titanic".

No no nothing nude. I'm just a creative dude and I suck at shopping. Titanic sucked so I dont know why you brought that up.

What about flowers?

What about flowers?

Flowers, wine, a pound of really good coffee beans. Something small and thoughtful and universally liked and enjoyable (unlike say, a homemade hat).

• Like 1
No no nothing nude. I'm just a creative dude and I suck at shopping. Titanic sucked so I dont know why you brought that up.

What about flowers?

Hahaha. Yeah flowers would be a good thing to give her (on a date not to her house).

Hey, she's coming at me, asking me to see her. It wasn't my suggestion to meet for lunch or see her Friday. That's been all her.

Okay...? Doesn't matter. Don't paint her like your French girls, Jack.

• Like 4
Flowers, wine, a pound of really good coffee beans. Something small and thoughtful and universally liked and enjoyable (unlike say, a homemade hat).

Sorry i don't mean to be rude, but he made you a hat? Are we talking paper or cardboard here ;)

Sorry i don't mean to be rude, but he made you a hat? Are we talking paper or cardboard here ;)

Ah, tried to PM you about it but it won't let me. It's kind of a long story and I don't want to hijack Trenton's thread.

But it was a modified baseball cap to make a very long story short!

• Author
Ah, tried to PM you about it but it won't let me. It's kind of a long story and I don't want to hijack Trenton's thread.

But it was a modified baseball cap to make a very long story short!

Hijack away. This thread was doomed from the start.

Okay well forgive me Trenton—maybe everyone can get a good chuckle out of it. At the time it was pretty mortifying, but now it's just funny.

It stemmed from an inside joke between he and I; I'm a pretty active member on that food reviewing website, Yelp (don't know if you have that in Australia). Anyway, because he'd only lived in L.A. for a couple of years, and I'd been here over a decade, he asked if I could offer suggestions on places to go, so the first time he asked, I jokingly mentioned putting on my "Yelp Cap," to try and figure out a place to go (in lieu of a "thinking cap").

A couple of weeks later we're texting, and the Yelp Cap comes up again in conversation, so I send him the crown emoji, 'cause it was the only appropriate hat emoji on the iPhone. He goes, "that's not how I pictured your Yelp Cap," and I said, "how do you picture it?" He described his version as like a beanie with a gold propeller.

So sure enough, later that week, when we met for dinner, under his arm was a bright red box with a gold leaf lid. Inside was my "Yelp Cap," which was a regular baseball cap that he'd painted red and yellow, and attached to the top was a gold beanie propeller and a little pig charm.

Like I'd said in a previous post, if I'd REALLY liked the guy, it would've been endearing, but since I was still sort of feeling him out, and there wasn't a ton of attraction on my part, it was just awkward. I'm a 34 year old woman, you know? What am I going to do with a Yelp Cap? I dunno. The whole thing seemed to be more about him executing this clever idea than about whether or not I'd find it to be a very thoughtful or meaningful gift.

• Like 1

How about I take one of those selfies she sent and do a drawing? Too much?

ARe you kiddding? Go for it!! She'll be impressed. I'm good with the pencil too. I've done it. I've done the 'Titanic' thing! Just don't do anything nude right now. At least not yet.. Have fun!

• Like 1
Okay well forgive me Trenton—maybe everyone can get a good chuckle out of it. At the time it was pretty mortifying, but now it's just funny.

It stemmed from an inside joke between he and I; I'm a pretty active member on that food reviewing website, Yelp (don't know if you have that in Australia). Anyway, because he'd only lived in L.A. for a couple of years, and I'd been here over a decade, he asked if I could offer suggestions on places to go, so the first time he asked, I jokingly mentioned putting on my "Yelp Cap," to try and figure out a place to go (in lieu of a "thinking cap").

A couple of weeks later we're texting, and the Yelp Cap comes up again in conversation, so I send him the crown emoji, 'cause it was the only appropriate hat emoji on the iPhone. He goes, "that's not how I pictured your Yelp Cap," and I said, "how do you picture it?" He described his version as like a beanie with a gold propeller.

So sure enough, later that week, when we met for dinner, under his arm was a bright red box with a gold leaf lid. Inside was my "Yelp Cap," which was a regular baseball cap that he'd painted red and yellow, and attached to the top was a gold beanie propeller and a little pig charm.

Like I'd said in a previous post, if I'd REALLY liked the guy, it would've been endearing, but since I was still sort of feeling him out, and there wasn't a ton of attraction on my part, it was just awkward. I'm a 34 year old woman, you know? What am I going to do with a Yelp Cap? I dunno. The whole thing seemed to be more about him executing this clever idea than about whether or not I'd find it to be a very thoughtful or meaningful gift.

That is gold haha - if something like that happened i would honestly think it was a joke rather than a "gift"

Definitely makes for a good story though. The little propeller was for sure the icing on the cake

Edited by Tonic
...the whole thing seemed to be more about him executing this clever idea than about whether or not I'd find it to be a very thoughtful or meaningful gift.

Hmm... I know how much time and effort it takes to do a decent portrait drawing, and the time and effort says waaay more that just buying a box of chocolates or giving flowers or an e-card -- whatever.

I'd be more impressed if a woman took the time to do a drawing of me. It's unique, it shows you put some effort into getting to know her and you just have to be different sometimes to stand out. Dare to be different dude!!

I apologize in advance and please don't take my advice for date #2, save it for at least the 4th or 5th date please. :D

If you enjoy being creative and want to give her and unique, one-of-a-kind gift, they have kits available to make a dildo out of your unit.:p

It will be a memorable date that she will never forget. Alot better that a "yelp cap" for sure.