Do any single people here just go for it?

Popsicle

I find that message boards are filled with people making complaints about either not being pursued or not feeling confident enough to pursue or talk to someone they are attracted to. Seems like that's all I ever read here. I'm wondering if there are people here who just go for it when they see someone they like? I know these people exist and would just like to hear from them to see some balance here. I am one, so I've started the thread. :)

MercuryMorrison1
I find that message boards are filled with people making complaints about either not being pursued or not feeling confident enough to pursue or talk to someone they are attracted to. Seems like that's all I ever read here. I'm wondering if there are people here who just go for it when they see someone they like? I know these people exist and would just like to hear from them to see some balance here. I am one, so I've started the thread. :)

Yes!!

I do as a matter of the fact. Though I admit, I've on recently adopted the Nike lifestyle.

I must admit though, once I made my mind up that I just didn't give two ****s what people thought, and stopped worrying about rejection all together, I found that my dating life improved ten fold.

• Like 4

Depends on if she's in a group or not. If she is I won't, but if she's with one or two friends or alone, I'm going for it. When I want something I go for it. I don't believe in moderation....

• Like 1
spanishchick00

Yes, I go for it all the time-there are guys that I want -that aren't interested in me. Then, there are guys that I don't want-that want me. Its a no win situation. Not fair that I can't have what I want, and I can be with some guy that wants me that I don't like-I'm not that desperate.

• Like 1

With Christmas and New Year there are a lot of parties on my checklist. Usually I get approached on the dancefloor and if I'm lucky I at least get to kissing. Some guys are just too hesitant though - man, the one last night had my arm around his neck but instead wanted to talk, in a giant hall surrounded by hundreds of people and with loud music playing so I couldn't understand a word he said anyway! :rolleyes:

I just go for it. If I see someone I am interested in, I approach her. I don't even think twice about it. I was practically raised this way ...you got teased if you didn't go for it and not so much about how successful you were at it.

Yeah, I do. But I probably just go for it with two few girls, and I don't give up at the first sign of a lack of interest.

I should probably change both.

Yes, I do...

Sometimes it takes me a while to get around to it and/or to get a little courage - but I do it at some point.

When I was younger I was more aggressive. I mean, I'd walk up to a guy and just put my arm around him at times...I didn't care if they reciprocated interest or not.

With age, I've gotten a bit more reserved...and, like with the post I just did about being "scared", I'm getting even more reserved about reaching out to guys.

I think I'm gonna have to see stronger/confirmed signs of interest before I put myself out like that again. Or, I'm just gonna sit back and let them come to me.

Remember: Fate always favors the bold.

A lesson that rings true for everyone. Especially for men, when it comes to women.

I did when I was single, it was good fun! At first it was more just eye contact and smiling but once I really stopped caring I'd approach them directly, like at the bar or whatever communal area there might be. Not caring about the outcome was the most liberating time of my life, no question.

ETA: I've never done OLD so can't really speak for that area.

I care about people respecting me more than liking me.

I have enough friends.

So what I do, is I immediately show someone the real.

No shuck and jive.

I make inappropriate jokes when I see fit. I rarely censor myself, and people respect me for it.

I live a happy life

I used to be really awkward and shy when it came to approaching guys or even being approached by guys who liked me (that made them not like me so much haha); but with age (now in my mid-late 20s) I became less and less concerned with "omg what is he going to think" and I usually just go for it. If I like someone - why not? The worst that can happen is I get rejected (which happens), but that isn't really that bad when put into perspective.

Though interestingly, none of the guys I approched ever developed into anything serious. All my relationships came from guys who approached me. Hmm, might be something on that.

Yes I just go for it.

The men who have been attracted to me but not game to approach me - I spotted them, felt like they were attractive, and just went up and started talking to them.

The 3 times I did it they ended up being attracted to me and very glad that I approached them - they were impressed that I was nice and friendly enough to put myself out there and risk rejection.

Men aren't going to come and approach me all the time - even the women who are beautiful don't get his on all that often because men are intimidated (my friends are beautiful and didn't have offers constantly like you may think)

I want love one day before I am 40 would be ideal, so yeah. I have to go out and put myself out here, or there are low odds of me finding a great match for me who I am also attracted to and vise versa.

When I was interested in dating, I asked women if they would like to get a bite to eat. A lot of women said "no" from jump. There were a few "yes" answers, but nothing ever came of them.

LookAtThisPOst

Usually, when I go for it, their reaction is more about them thinking I'm too forward when making the attempt. As if I should have known better NOT to ask them out.

I'm sure there are men here that share the same sentiment and perhaps these initial attempts had curbed their future attempts.

JuneJulySeptember

All the time. All my life.

Then, you become the guy who is on here complaining about being rejected by women anywhere, everywhere! :lmao:

• Like 1