Seemed Like a great match, but not sure what happened

Sasha14

I dated this guy (he's 31) for 6 months (4 months dating, 2 months official). A few months into dating I noticed that things weren't moving naturally. It seemed that he was purposely moving things slowly. I asked him about it and he denied it and said he was open and ready for the relationship. I could tell that he really cared for me, but something seemed wrong. After 6 months; I didn't know where he lived, we had never had a meaningful conversation, I knew 2 of his family members/friends before I met him and I hadn't met anyone else around him, he wouldn't tell me much about him, and it seemed that he avoided getting close to me. To me, if someone cares about you they don't mind making you apart of their lives. He stated at one point that he was not where he wanted to be in life and that's why he wouldn't get that close. But then he stated he was open to the relationship. Lots of contradictions. It was my birthday and he did nothing, not even a visit. After that I just felt maybe he didn't want to be in the relationship anymore, so we broke up. When we broke up, he said that we didn't click and he felt that I couldn't see that he cared for me. I just don't see how I was to "click" with someone that wouldn't tell me much about them or bring me into their world. I'm just so confused because everything I wanted in a person, he has. I almost felt that he didn't trust me because of the actions of his last girlfriend (she cheated on him and put him down). Sometimes I feel maybe I should have been more understanding and now have left so quickly, but another part of me feels that I would have ended up getting hurt if I would have stayed. I'm not sure at this point. Help!

I think he was hiding something from you. It's very odd indeed that after 6 months, you have no idea where he lives or really haven't met any of his friends or family. I'm not sure how you can state he has everything you want in a man when he clearly was keeping parts of his life from you. When you broke up, he didn't fight it. Instead, he tried to pin it on you by saying you didn't appreciate him. No. If he'd wanted you to really click with him, he'd have opened up more. I think he was about to call time on the relationship anyway; his lack of transparency is a red flag.

• Like 1
I dated this guy (he's 31) for 6 months (4 months dating, 2 months official). A few months into dating I noticed that things weren't moving naturally. It seemed that he was purposely moving things slowly. I asked him about it and he denied it and said he was open and ready for the relationship. I could tell that he really cared for me, but something seemed wrong. After 6 months; I didn't know where he lived, we had never had a meaningful conversation, I knew 2 of his family members/friends before I met him and I hadn't met anyone else around him, he wouldn't tell me much about him, and it seemed that he avoided getting close to me. To me, if someone cares about you they don't mind making you apart of their lives. He stated at one point that he was not where he wanted to be in life and that's why he wouldn't get that close. But then he stated he was open to the relationship. Lots of contradictions. It was my birthday and he did nothing, not even a visit. After that I just felt maybe he didn't want to be in the relationship anymore, so we broke up. When we broke up, he said that we didn't click and he felt that I couldn't see that he cared for me. I just don't see how I was to "click" with someone that wouldn't tell me much about them or bring me into their world. I'm just so confused because everything I wanted in a person, he has. I almost felt that he didn't trust me because of the actions of his last girlfriend (she cheated on him and put him down). Sometimes I feel maybe I should have been more understanding and now have left so quickly, but another part of me feels that I would have ended up getting hurt if I would have stayed. I'm not sure at this point. Help!

Screw that. Nothing on your birthday = bye bye.