How do I fix this?

LonelySadSoul

LonelySadSoul

Hi everyone.

I have been together with my gf for about 2 years, things weren't too great and we broke up during the summer, but after a month we got back together and decided to move in.

We had a lot of little troubles before - I was always nagging her about little things and they turned into big fights. I tried to stop the nagging but every time I was having a crappy time I took it out on her. I'm a loser, I know.

So during the few months we lived together those problems came back and I was nagging her all the time, I was passive aggressive and mean to her and this morning she said she is going to her parents for christmas and when she comes back she wants me out. We sat down, talked and decided to move apart but not break up. Well she said she needs time to cool down and think if she wants to save this relationship. The thing is I love her. She is the one. I want to save this relationship, I will change my behaviour, I know I can. Not all at once but still, I can be better.

At the moment I'm afraid she will not want to continue the relationship. What should I do?

Oh, and I'm 23, she is 22.

Get yourself a good therapist and talk about what triggers your nagging and passive aggressive behavior.

You need to fix this for yourself. If you don't this will always be an issue in your relationship.

Telling your gf you will change has no value. You need to show her with actions you are working on yourself.

Good luck

If you can't stop nagging her & whatever you are nagging her about doesn't change then you two are not meant to be together forever. You may even be fundamentally incompatible.

Had you asked, I'd tell you not to move in together.

Since your same problems continue without resolution, you cannot get married or even engaged unless you can fix these issues. Marriage does not fix anything.