Met this girl online and exchange numbers and then says that she

smg15

"she is not a big phone person"

Well how else am I supposed to assessed your personality? I am not setting a date over texting when I may not even be talking to a woman. What's wrong with a brief phone conversation to get a feel for each other's personality. Im home on a sunday relaxing watching football and she thinks I want to keep texting???

Texting on the weekend should only be when you are meeting up somewhere not for a conversation

• Like 1

Not being a big phone person does not mean you cannot call her. It just means she is not into long phone conversation that will monopolize her time. So call her to set up dates, call her to touch base 5-10 minutes conversation, just don't talk all night on he phone.

• Like 4
Phone calls and texting are pointless in OLD. Go straight to the date.

Totally agree with this. I give my phone number only when a date has been arranged and in case one of us will be late.

• Author
Totally agree with this. I give my phone number only when a date has been arranged and in case one of us will be late.

what is wrong with a 10-15 min conversation?

I dont mind mostly texting with phone mixed in, as long as people dont mind more than simple "lol" or one-liners. Sometimes I have much to say. So if the phone isn't your thing, then you're going to have to deal with texts the size of this paragraph sometimes. If that's too much, then I'm not the guy you should be talking to.

• Like 1

Nothing is wrong with it. So tell her that and have a conversation. If she doesn't agree then move on. I fail to understand the problem.

spanishchick00

I can't stand it when people on OLD stay that. I remember this guy told me that he "hates talking on the phone." My god. What is a freaking 10 minute chat? And he was like 38 years old! I wonder how in the world does he even survive in this world without talking the phone, like it must of really sucked for him dating in the 90's-he probably messaged his dates on AOL chat, ICQ or even writing letters to his dates. Geez.

• Author
I can't stand it when people on OLD stay that. I remember this guy told me that he "hates talking on the phone." My god. What is a freaking 10 minute chat? And he was like 38 years old! I wonder how in the world does he even survive in this world without talking the phone, like it must of really sucked for him dating in the 90's-he probably messaged his dates on AOL chat, ICQ or even writing letters to his dates. Geez.

I am not meeting anyone face to face without atleast 1 phone conversation. Texting is not going to be the only way I communicate

• Like 1

If she's coming up with lame excuses for why she doesn't want to talk to you over the phone...chances are she's just not that into you

• Like 1
  • Author
If she's coming up with lame excuses for why she doesn't want to talk to you over the phone...chances are she's just not that into you

I think she is used to guys not talking on the phone

• Like 2
I think she is used to guys not talking on the phone

If she were feeling intense attraction to you...she'd be down to talk with you on the phone.

• Like 1
Not being a big phone person does not mean you cannot call her. It just means she is not into long phone conversation that will monopolize her time. So call her to set up dates, call her to touch base 5-10 minutes conversation, just don't talk all night on he phone.

This.

A lot of people say they are not big phone persons these days. With all of the ways to communicate these days, many rather respond or communicate at their own convenience. It doesn't mean she doesn't want to talk on the phone ever. Just don't try to anchor her to it with long conversations.

• Like 3

For OLD, call to set up the date. There is no need for long drawn out conversations. It could literally last no longer than a few minutes, and it should be focused on discussing time and venue.

And don't ask her out via text. That's lame.

• Author
If she were feeling intense attraction to you...she'd be down to talk with you on the phone.

Im not sure I know what you mean. She responded to my craigslist ad with my pic

• Author
For OLD, call to set up the date. There is no need for long drawn out conversations. It could literally last no longer than a few minutes, and it should be focused on discussing time and venue.

And don't ask her out via text. That's lame.

Im old school, I want to assess her personality before I go anywhere

Im old school, I want to assess her personality before I go anywhere

That's lovely...but you'll probably want to adapt to the changing dating environment...with OLD, while you're "assessing her personality," she's out meeting other guys.

The "new school" way is to assess personalities on the first date. In person. Sooner rather than later.

I'm not a big phone person. However, I will talk on the phone, I just try to keep it short. I won't however give my number out until after I've met someone. I use a free messaging app to text before we meet, then once I'm comfortable I'll give my number out.

• Author
That's lovely...but you'll probably want to adapt to the changing dating environment...with OLD, while you're "assessing her personality," she's out meeting other guys.

The "new school" way is to assess personalities on the first date. In person. Sooner rather than later.

what's the rush? If I get someone's number on a monday I have to meet her on tuesday?

Im not sure I know what you mean. She responded to my craigslist ad with my pic

You might be one of many dudes she's contacted

All I'm saying is...if a woman is really interested in a man (I mean really interested, not just somewhat curious), she'd be eager to talk to him over the phone. She wouldn't be saying thangs like "I'm not a phone person"

You could always ask her out. Then you'll find out whether she's a date person...and then after that, hopefully she'll be a sex person

• Author
You might be one of many dudes she's contacted

All I'm saying is...if a woman is really interested in a man (I mean really interested, not just somewhat curious), she'd be eager to talk to him over the phone. She wouldn't be saying thangs like "I'm not a phone person"

You could always ask her out. Then you'll find out whether she's a date person...and then after that, hopefully she'll be a sex person

Guess you make a good point because by saying im not a phone person she is keeping me at a distance.

And you cannot develop rapport over texting

I hate when guys say this too. Can't stand texting. I need to talk and if you don't want to talk then we won't be a good match.

Edited by Popsicle