I was supposed to hear from her today, but I haven't.

Lemma

A few months ago, I got back into contact with a female friend from high school. We're both in university, but live in cities several hours apart. So, since August, we've been texting and Skyping; just chatting about whatever and playing video games over the internet and whatnot.

Since I was coming home (to her city) for the holiday break, we were excited to meet up and hang out in person. The only problem was that she'd be leaving to visit her family in a different town 4 days after I came.

So, finally I got back home, and as planned, I came right over to her place, and we spent the evening having fun. It got late pretty quickly, so I ended up staying over at her place.

The next day, we spent the entire day together; talking, watching TV, playing games, eating, etc.

Around 7pm, we were both pretty tired, so I decided to go back to my house for the night. She said she had fun and since we still had 2 more days, we could do more tomorrow when we're less tired.

Since she said she had to get some things done tomorrow (today), I asked her to text me once she was done, and she said she would.

Anyway, it's almost 9pm today, and I haven't heard anything from her, and tomorrow is her last day in town.

So I'm not sure if she forgot or just doesn't want to meet up, and so I'm wondering whether I should text her, and if so, what to say.

deathandtaxes

Eh don't worry about it. You already had some great quality time together. If she never texts back, just accept it for what it is and be happy about it. Don't text.

A few months ago, I got back into contact with a female friend from high school. We're both in university, but live in cities several hours apart. So, since August, we've been texting and Skyping; just chatting about whatever and playing video games over the internet and whatnot.

Since I was coming home (to her city) for the holiday break, we were excited to meet up and hang out in person. The only problem was that she'd be leaving to visit her family in a different town 4 days after I came.

So, finally I got back home, and as planned, I came right over to her place, and we spent the evening having fun. It got late pretty quickly, so I ended up staying over at her place.

The next day, we spent the entire day together; talking, watching TV, playing games, eating, etc.

Around 7pm, we were both pretty tired, so I decided to go back to my house for the night. She said she had fun and since we still had 2 more days, we could do more tomorrow when we're less tired.

Since she said she had to get some things done tomorrow (today), I asked her to text me once she was done, and she said she would.

Anyway, it's almost 9pm today, and I haven't heard anything from her, and tomorrow is her last day in town.

So I'm not sure if she forgot or just doesn't want to meet up, and so I'm wondering whether I should text her, and if so, what to say.

The one thing I'm learning, even right now, is we guys tend to think the worst. So many times I've sat around asking myself "why isn't X texting me back? It has been hours".

That JUST happened tonight. Then out of nowhere, I get a text. She was simply busy helping someone out. I believe her too. She called.

Of course, here I am thinking "bah, probably blowing me off".

It is so easy to worry and think the worst. So many times, it isn't a big deal.

• Like 1

Dont think to much in to it, she could just simply be busy or even tired. Even if she has blown you off (Key word being IF) You had a great night and day with her by the sounds of it, atleat you can walk away with some good memories.

acrosstheuniverse
Dont think to much in to it, she could just simply be busy or even tired. Even if she has blown you off (Key word being IF) You had a great night and day with her by the sounds of it, atleat you can walk away with some good memories.

Disagree with the first part. If she was keen to see you she'd have gotten in touch. Sorry but NOBODY is too busy to send a single text all the way up until 9pm, people still need to take toilet breaks! Unless she's an ER surgeon?

If she's too tired to text, she's not into you.

I would just leave it, I doubt she's that interested or she'd be getting in touch to arrange something. Even if she gets in touch tomorrow morning I'd be cautious of accepting, seeing as she's banking on you accepting and being free for last minute plans, which she wouldn't be doing if she was keen to see you.

Maybe it wasn't as good for her as it was for you. No foul, just one of those things.

• Author

Thank you everyone for the responses.

Unfortunately, I think acrosstheuniverse was correct.

She had previously told me that she'd be doing almost nothing before she goes out of town, and throughout yesterday and even today, she had a fair amount of phone/online activity; Definitely nothing stopped her from getting into contact.

Last night after creating this thread, I even sent her a small text asking what's going on, and now a day later, I still haven't heard a single thing.

I know the obvious theory is that something went wrong while I was over at her place, but at the end of visit, she told me in a genuine-sounding way that she had fun and that we still have 2 more days to hang out. I genuinely can't think of anything that would even come close to warranting a sudden disappearance.

I suppose at this point, I'll just cut all contact with her, and if I ever do hear from her, I'll take it very cautiously.

I'm just seriously trying to wrap my head around why she did this.

Regardless, thanks again for all the replies!

Edited by Lemma

She did it because she got this "serious" vibe off of you. You had all the qualities of a fling in the making but you decided to try to play it with the boyfriend mentality. She's not looking for a relationship. It seems like you might have been or at least that's her perspective.