Asking out a cashier!

Tonic

Hey guys,

I have noticed a very beautiful girl working at my local supermarket who caught my eye almost instantly. I made it a goal to go through her register no matter how big the line.

When i finally got to the register, she had a big beautiful smile (Part of her job, i know) and conversation was nothing out of the ordinary as it was really busy, but there was just something about her that made me think, id love to get to know you better.

Only problem is, im not a very confident person and have no idea how you would even approach this situation (with her being at work and all)

Any advice, or even sharing your personal experience would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance :) Also i know this has probably been asked before, but i just thought some fresh answers would be nice

Edited by Tonic
Only problem is, im not a very confident person and have no idea how you would even approach this situation (with her being at work and all)

Well, I think this is typically the situation where you need to be direct and confident.

Walk up to her (when she's not particularly busy) and say:

"Hi, my name is Tonic. I think you are really cute, I know you are at work, so I'm not going to hold you up, but I want grab a coffee with you sometime!" And ask for her number.

Be fun and flirty if you can, but remember she's at work, and her boss might not appreciate it.

• Like 5
Well, I think this is typically the situation where you need to be direct and confident.

"Hi, my name is Tonic. I think you are really cute, I know you are at work, so I'm not going to hold you up, but I want grab a coffee with you sometime!" And ask for her number.

Be fun and flirty if you can, but remember she's at work, and her boss might not appreciate it.

This ^^ The only way this will possibly work is the direct approach. I did it to a girl in the street once and got her number by going straight in direct and shocking her. If she feels even a tiny bit of awkwardness its game over.

• Like 2

You don't know her and she doesn't know you...so you could kind of creep her out by asking her out quite boldly.

With that said, be upfront anyway. Say, I know we don't know each other and I've never done anything like this before, but you have a genuine kindness about you and I was wondering if you'd like to grab coffee one afternoon?

Here's my number. Don't ask for hers. Give her yours and she can do what she wants with it.

Go for it. Life is short and you never know what will happen.

Good luck.

I was once interested in a waitress at a restaurant I frequented and on the bottom of my bill...I put my name and phone number. Worked like a charm.

• Like 1

Chances are she gets hit on all the time when she works. However, there might be a chance that she MAY possibly like you. I have a crush on a waitress and we are friendly and we make small-talk, but I am a semi-regular at the place. Plus, I mostly go there with my dad, and he has mentioned this one time when she got smiley with me, but I tried to tell him that it's possible that it's part of her courtesy, but he told me that she may know that I am sweet on her. Bear in mind, I am always a respectful customer, so I don't stare at her or try to bother her while she is working.

However, I also kind of have a thing for a Gamestop employee. She is an assistant manager and I see women working at those places. I see the way they show courtesy customers, but this girl has said to me "I haven't seen you in a while." When I was the only customer in the store, we have made a little chit-chat in the past, but I tried to keep things in a professional level and try not to be too forward. I should try to ask her out. Shouldn't hurt, right?

• Like 1

I got a guy approaching me on the street once and he succeeded in getting my phone number and went out on 2 dates with me. This is what and how he approached me.

I was walking and this guy ran over and tapped on my shouder "

" Hi, my name is J and of course you dont know me. But dont worry I'm a very good citizen, no criminal record just yet. I'm 3rd year Sport Managemant student at XYZ and a personal trainer at ABC (a very well known gym club where I live)

I saw you from the other side of the street. And I think you look so cute so I ran after you. Would you like to grab some coffee withe me sometimes?".

Cutest approach I've had in my life. I still remember it even 5 years have passed ;-)))

• Like 2
you have a genuine kindness about you

I'm sorry but this made me throw up a little in my mouth, how can you say someone has a genuine kindness without even knowing them. OP the direct approach is best, just make sure to KISS

(Keep it simple stupid ;) )

• Like 1
  • Author

Yeah i think you may be right on this one, pretty simple and doesn't make me sound overly creepy haha. Thank you everyone for your input :)

• Like 1
  • Author
Go for it - there's nothing to lose!

Thats a very good point, nothing to lose, everything to gain right, might need to apply this saying to more things in life, appreciate the input my friend.

When you checkout go through her line and giver her a Coupon you made for 1 free date with you.

One day when I tell the story of the hardest I ever tried to get a girl, this advice will be the cause of it.

One day when I tell the story of the hardest I ever tried to get a girl, this advice will be the cause of it.

Glad I could help, I'm here to inspire after all ?

• Author
Glad I could help, I'm here to inspire after all ?

Sorry mate i thought that was a joke haha?

Just a quick update - I managed to get a quick conversation with her today, she looked absolutely ran off her feet. You could barely walk in the shop there were so many people. Anyways i mentioned that to her and she agreed and said she has been doing 12 hour shifts for the last few weeks and its starting to catch up on her.

So i was thinking, if i were to buy some flowers and dropped them off to her register when its not so busy, try perk her up a bit and introduce myself, would that be to cheesy? ? Any women out there that would like to share what they would think if that happened to them?

So i was thinking, if i were to buy some flowers and dropped them off to her register when its not so busy, try perk her up a bit and introduce myself, would that be to cheesy? ?

Yep...a little too much at this point. Maybe a (black) coffee with just TONS of little creamer-things and packets of sugar. If a guy did that for me, with a smile and an "I don't know how you like your coffee...did I bring enough cream and sugar?" -- for sure, he'd have proved himself worth a further look-see ;)

• Like 1
  • Author
Yep...a little too much at this point. Maybe a (black) coffee with just TONS of little creamer-things and packets of sugar. If a guy did that for me, with a smile and an "I don't know how you like your coffee...did I bring enough cream and sugar?" -- for sure, he'd have proved himself worth a further look-see ;)

Genius, didn't even think about coffee :D thanks.

Sorry mate i thought that was a joke haha?

Just a quick update - I managed to get a quick conversation with her today, she looked absolutely ran off her feet. You could barely walk in the shop there were so many people. Anyways i mentioned that to her and she agreed and said she has been doing 12 hour shifts for the last few weeks and its starting to catch up on her.

So i was thinking, if i were to buy some flowers and dropped them off to her register when its not so busy, try perk her up a bit and introduce myself, would that be to cheesy? ? Any women out there that would like to share what they would think if that happened to them?

I don't know about the flowers idea man. It sounds pretty lame.

I work at a grocery store and I can tell you the cashiers get hit on alot. By young guys, old dudes, co-workers, and even management sometimes. I have seen lots of guys try your way of easing their foot in the door and it never works.

My advice, tell her that you think she is cute. Ask her if she has a boyfriend. If she responds well to your compliment and she is single, then by all means ask her out on the spot. Not later, not next week, not next month. If she is as beautiful as you say she is she likely is allready getting alot of attention from other guys. For all you know, she may allready have a boyfriend.

Things you don't want to do:

Don't bake her a cake.

Don't buy her cards/love notes.

Don't ask to walk her to her car after her shift.

Don't hang around the store for 30 minutes checking her out while pretending to shop/read magazines etc.

Don't invite her to your house to cook dinner for her.

Don't offer to give her a massage some time.

Don't spend lots of time "talking/chatting/getting to know her" only to finally ask her out 6 weeks later. So lame, guys do that all the time.

Don't make a pest of yourself, if she rejects/deflects/blows off your invite.

Don't step into the batters box, and then never take a swing at a fast ball.

• Like 1
  • Author

I work at a grocery store and I can tell you the cashiers get hit on alot. By young guys, old dudes, co-workers, and even management sometimes. I have seen lots of guys try your way of easing their foot in the door and it never works.

My advice, tell her that you think she is cute. Ask her if she has a boyfriend. If she responds well to your compliment and she is single, then by all means ask her out on the spot. Not later, not next week, not next month. If she is as beautiful as you say she is she likely is allready getting alot of attention from other guys. For all you know, she may allready have a boyfriend.

Don't bake her a cake.

Don't hang around the store for 30 minutes checking her out while pretending to shop/read magazines etc.

Don't spend lots of time "talking/chatting/getting to know her" only to finally ask her out 6 weeks later. So lame, guys do that all the time.

Na i completely understand where you are coming from mate, appreciate the advice :)

Don't bake her a cake.

It's like I have said before, a lot of women in customer service get hit on a lot. While I am currently guilty of having a crush on a waitress, and somewhat of a crush on a Gamestop employee, I try my best to be as professional as much as possible while trying to make small talk. One thing of note is that my waitress crush is busy when I see her but when it's kind of a slow day, I try to talk to her. She'll even say hi to me on her own and ask how I am doing.

there was just something about her that made me think, id love to get to know you better.

Could that be a genuine kindness about her?

Jesus, some ppl are so silly.

The point of my post was not to spew word for word what I said, don't be a mindless robot, but rather to play it cool and be upfront, compliment her and give her your number.

It's the same thing what I have been going through with a favorite waitress of mine. As much as I really want to let her know that I want to get to know her better, I don't know what the best approach is, especially mostly because I see her while she is at work.

Why is this so hard?

Lack of confidence?

You don't get what you don't ask for in life. If you want anything, you need to speak up and reach out for it. Otherwise, life (and woman) will just pass you by.

Put your name and phone number at the bottom of the bill one day. Ask her out.

Worst thing that happens is she says no. Best thing, she says yes.

• Author
Why is this so hard?

Lack of confidence?

You don't get what you don't ask for in life. If you want anything, you need to speak up and reach out for it. Otherwise, life (and woman) will just pass you by.

Put your name and phone number at the bottom of the bill one day. Ask her out.

Worst thing that happens is she says no. Best thing, she says yes.

you're right it shouldn't be hard, but some people do lack confidence like myself. Time to change that though. Thanks again guys.

you're right it shouldn't be hard, but some people do lack confidence like myself. Time to change that though. Thanks again guys.

We're all rooting for you. Keep us posted :)