Lying vs honesty

Evening

Do you rather would like to sugarcoat the truth and live in the fantasy, lol, or you think that honesty is the best policy?

Its not little lies, I think like huge things, telling wrong stuff about the family and such like. Its so exhausting when someone always hides parts of oneself. Its impossible to really trust that person. How can you trust a person who is never honest?

Thanks

I like sugar coated honesty.

For example, instead of telling me I look awful in some outfit, I'd rather be todl I look better in something else.

There are ways to be honest & diplomatic, which I think is best.

• Like 6

Depends on the person, I'd use a Compliment sandwich:

"I love that dress on you but it's looking kind of tight. Honestly the purple one would look better"

• Like 1
todreaminblue

like donnivain said ....i also prefer honesty that isnt hurtful or cruel.....you can be honest the right way....while thinking about the others persons feelings when you say what you do with respect and diplomacy...but stick to the truth.....just say it right.......deb

• Like 3
Depends on the person, I'd use a Compliment sandwich:

Do these work? When I hear them I know the person is really harping on the negative 'filling' and not the sweet bread outer bits.

I mostly prefer blunt honesty. If I look terrible or ridiculous in an outfit, tell me so.

i like little lies. i learned a long time ago that ignorance is really bliss and i don't want to hear it. let me live in my own happy place until i'm ready to leave it.

Small lies, even simply lying by omission, always come back to bite you. I still do it though. You can't avoid it early on. Why were you not available last weekend? Are you going to walk them through your sick grandparent and that you couldn't afford to go out anyway, or just say you had work to do. For me they often surround money. I'm a poor student that simply can't afford to eat out or do very much a lot of the time. I also have many weekends where because of chronic procrastination I have to stay in and furiously do work due in Monday. I don't particularly care to explain these things to people, let alone prospective dates. I wasn't born yesterday, money woes aren't attractive and most people of my ages' student years are a decade past (and they probably handled them better than me, there's a reason I left it so late to do college, academic work does not suit me).

Then later on they find out how poor you are and how you spend your weekends and they're disappointed. C'est la vie.

Hi,

I agree with others in here. There are simple but non hurtful ways of telling people things- then it also depends on the person and what your relationship is with them and how you communicate with them. I do not agree with white lies or omitting information if it is just plain wrong. People in your personal life lie only if they have something to hide. Maybe communicating and finding out why us the first step in getting answers then you can decide.