How should my approach be from now on?

Eurostar

Hello! Im new here. I thought i'd post a situation that i'm trying to analyze, maybe some of you can help me.

There's a woman i have been talking to occasionally at work for the past year.

90% of the time im initiating conversation with her, and usually if i ask her something she talks a LOT but she doesnt really show interest in asking me about myself. Today was particularly strange because i asked her what her favorite food was and she was looked kinda nervous and said 'hmmm i like anything.' So i was like 'ah okay.' and the conversation seemed dead so i left to continue doing my work. In hindsight, maybe i should have stuck around instead of just leaving, but im a pretty shy guy so it was painful just to ask her things, i guess i instinctively just walked away.

When i passed by her a few minutes later she looked at me and just started talking to me about her seeing a nice Christmas tree in a nearby office this morning on her way to work. So we talked a little bit about it but i didnt let it go on long because i thought about my previous interaction with her, and i felt maybe im overstepping boundaries.

How should i continue from now on? I'm really attracted to her but id like to be friends with her (outside of work) first and see what happens from there.

Any serious advice would help. Thanks in advance!

Ask her out for a drink after work and if that goes well then plan an actual date. She may also be shy but shes talking to you and you like her so just give it a shot. Trust me, she already know that you like her

Maybe she was nervous because she thought you were about to ask her out, since you just randomly asked her what her favorite food was.

Honestly I think in most cases if you ask a person a lot about him/herself and they never ask you anything back, then they are probably just being polite/friendly but not interested.

When I'm interested in a guy I will come up with something to ask him to keep the conversation going and show interest, even if I'm so nervous that I ask him something borderline retarded.

• Author

I wasnt even going to ask her out i was just trying to know what she likes to eat. We work at a cafe so i thought it was a good question to ask. lol But maybe she thought i was going to ask her out, i dont know.

Danda is right, she should ask me questions if she had any interest to get to know me.

Edited by Eurostar