Too soon for a Christmas present?

Hesjustnotthatin2u

Hesjustnotthatin2u

I've been dating a guy for almost two months now. It's going great even though he lives an hour away, he still makes an attempt to come see me about 3 times a week. He makes me feel special and cared about and I couldn't imagine anything better. The way he talks, I know he really likes me and sees a future with me. We aren't "officially" girlfriend and boyfriend yet, but the way we are with each other, we might as well be. Christmas is ten days away and I thought I'd have an answer by now, but am I supposed to get him a gift? I want to, and I thought of cute ideas but I don't want to scare him away since we aren't in a relationship yet. He hasn't mentioned anything about gifts, but I feel like it's appropriate since we have strong feelings for each other. Do I get something tangible? Or do I tell him I'm taking him out on a date and take him out for dinner and dancing in Atlantic City or something?

AC? Take me instead.

Anyway, maybe get him something small. The problem with gifts, specially in a new relationship is if one person does a grand gesture and the other does nothing, it can get awkward.

I know what a night in AC can cost, so even that might be a little pricey, but also, you know your current situation better than we do. You might have seen him 6 times by now, you could have seen him 16. You probably have a better feel for it.

Worst thing you can do is make him feel obligated. Make him a nice batch of cookies and that's it. He ill love it and it's not a personal gift.

Interesting.. I made a similar thread to see if I should get a girl I've been dating for 5 weeks something for Christmas and the responses were a unanimous Yes.

I made my bf of 4 months a "date jar" courtesy of Pinterest. And I made his kids a little something too. I wanted to get them something because I want to show I care, but I made sure it wasn't over the top.

Guy checking in. If you like him and see possibly having a serious relationship together, then definitely get him several Christmas gifts. Probably two small gifts and one larger gift.

For the two small gifts you can give cheap thoughtful gifts. I recommend a six pack of his favorite premium beer as one of the cheap gifts. Some other cheap gift ideas would be some premium massage oil, a t-shirt, some beer pint glasses, or something else related to an interest of his.

For the big gift, I think you have the right idea. A weekend trip to Atlantic City would be great. Basically, for the big gift you want to have something that you can do together. So getting a hotel for a weekend get away or concert tickets or something like that is a great way of showing the guy that you like him and that you want to spend more time with him.

If you do the AC weekend, then just pick up the hotel as the gift. He can chip in for food and entertainment during the weekend.

I believe in Christmas presents, sharing & giving. If he gets freak out because you got him something little without going overboard, I'd reevaluate.

Food gifts like homemade cookies are awesome. Keep it low cost & low pressure.

Just do the AC thing later as a date you organize & treat. It would be too much for a 1st present.

• Author
Hesjustnotthatin2u

He just told me that he got us tickets to go see The Trans Siberian Orchestra on the 23rd and will be taking me out to a nice dinner too. I feel like this could be his idea of his gift to me? Which is very nice, but I feel like this means I should take him somewhere now? I can't pick up any clues on this guy.. I don' think hes doing a tangible gift.

Events are different then presents.

Get him something & then later take him to AC like you had planned.

That's a bit unpersonal...

Why does it have to be personal? almost two months dating not yet exclusive I think it's fine.

Don't get caught up in some grand gesture

• Author
Hesjustnotthatin2u
Events are different then presents.

Get him something & then later take him to AC like you had planned.

I don't think he is getting me anything though, I think his present is taking me to the orchestra..

• Author
Hesjustnotthatin2u
Why does it have to be personal? almost two months dating not yet exclusive I think it's fine.

Don't get caught up in some grand gesture

I feel like gift cards aren't special at all... I want to at least get him a little something that says, 'hey. I like you.'

I feel like gift cards aren't special at all... I want to at least get him a little something that says, 'hey. I like you.'

Then put a bow on his member and give him a BJ at the end you can scream MERRY CHRISTMAS DARLING!!!

lol! lol! Im kidding sorry sorry I couldn't help myself !

• Author
Hesjustnotthatin2u
Then put a bow on his member and give him a BJ at the end you can scream MERRY CHRISTMAS DARLING!!!

lol! lol! Im kidding sorry sorry I couldn't help myself !

Eh, not a chance lol.