Relationship experience/ does it matter?

Daisy-oliviaWentcher

Daisy-oliviaWentcher

Does relationship experience count when it comes to potentially considering someone? If someone has had say only one long term relationship and that was ions ago. Like more than a decade. Would that be considered a red flag and a turn off? Are there things that are more important than experience? And what even is relationship experience anyway? I'm potentially about to date someone and I shudder at the prospect of bringing up the " ex boyfriend/girlfriend" conversation. It might not ever come up. But I'm hoping it won't, I don't want to shed light on my lack of experience. I'm hoping the guy will take me as I am, a little bit of a late bloomer and a little bit new to a relationship.

I don't consider it a turn off at all. Every relationship is a new one, and for me there's no "experience" about that, because it would actually bug me if someone "practiced" on me stuff based on his experience with a previous gf. Everyone is different and has different needs in a relationship. Starting one means starting from scratch :)

• Like 1

If you are starting a new relationship, focus on the here and now, and make it the best relationship ever. Your interaction with him is your selling point, do not worry about your lack of experience. Keep positive, and smile lots.

• Like 1
  • Author
Daisy-oliviaWentcher

I sometimes just feel so condemned to being " a late bloomer" or a "slow learner" or "lack of experience" Someone of my age is probably expected to know more and have experienced more and I wont have. I kind of feel I won't be able to give or offer him as much. Plus this guy is over 20 years older than me. I think if I do have a certain amount of baggage it would be the baggage of " not being picked", " not being liked" and always feeling a bit rejected. I just don't want to talk about ex's ever. I don't want to ever hear about his ex wife or anything like that. I'm hoping he's going to treat me like his first like I'm going to treat him like my first. I'm really scared can you tell? lol

todreaminblue
I sometimes just feel so condemned to being " a late bloomer" or a "slow learner" or "lack of experience" Someone of my age is probably expected to know more and have experienced more and I wont have. I kind of feel I won't be able to give or offer him as much. Plus this guy is over 20 years older than me. I think if I do have a certain amount of baggage it would be the baggage of " not being picked", " not being liked" and always feeling a bit rejected. I just don't want to talk about ex's ever. I don't want to ever hear about his ex wife or anything like that. I'm hoping he's going to treat me like his first like I'm going to treat him like my first. I'm really scared can you tell? lol

having little experience really makes no difference...havign too much experience in the relationship department shows that you flutter and probably have short term relationships and ro have problems with commitment........i believe if you are a good person a good relationship is what you would offer i feel that most peopel go into a relationship that way..and everyone has friendships..so a friendship is a relationship..........who you are as a person determines how your relationship will be not your experiences in them or not in past relationships...past relationships can color some peoples perceptions of others however....i often get asked how can you trust a guy after what you have been through.....and i tell them....i am trustworthy so for me so i can trust others.......just because others have proven to be distrustful doesnt mean everybody is distrustful.......i am however a little more cautious...i dotn trust blindly but i do trust once i get to know them...so for me little experience is not proof of anything maybe a sign of youngness or youth though..deb