telling my girlfriend i'm thankful i met her?

jeffmoore790

We have been dating for 6 months now. I have thought of texting her today to tell her I am thankful that I have met her, with it being thanksgiving at all. Part of me thinks that's a little to cheesy though

Thoughts?

Also I cant tell her in person because her and her parents are out of state seeing her dads dad this weekend for thanksgiving. I know I could call but I dont want to take time away that she is spending with her grandpa

Ha ha ha!

You remind me of myself last year.

Last year I was dating a girl for six months.

I went to my parents house for Thanksgiving and was gone for a week. I knew she was very busy with Thanksgiving at her house so I sent her at text like "I'm so thankful that I met you and to have you for a girlfriend. You're such an amazing person"

Three days later she dumps me.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Its cute and sweet. No girl who is into you would be put off by that! If I got that I would reply "awww, thank you!! I'm so glad I met you too :)"

Why are you so worried?

• Like 2
  • Author
Its cute and sweet. No girl who is into you would be put off by that! If I got that I would reply "awww, thank you!! I'm so glad I met you too :)"

Why are you so worried?

what if she dont reply

todreaminblue

i think its beautiful........smile worthy...and a wonderful text......text it...:0)......best wishes........deb

We have been dating for 6 months now. I have thought of texting her today to tell her I am thankful that I have met her, with it being thanksgiving at all. Part of me thinks that's a little to cheesy though

Thoughts?

Also I cant tell her in person because her and her parents are out of state seeing her dads dad this weekend for thanksgiving. I know I could call but I dont want to take time away that she is spending with her grandpa

It is really sad that us guys have to stop and wonder if saying something something emotional or "cheezy" will turn off a girl friend. We are told, even by relationship coaches, that real men are aloof, a "challenge", strong, independent, and that women respond positively to these traits and negatively to more vulnerable traits in men.

I think it takes tremendous confidence in a man to show vulnerability with a woman, especially with everything we are being told out there.

So be confidently vulnerable! They are not mutually exclusive! If you are comfortable in your own skin (confidence), whatever your personality traits are, this will attract the right women for you!

Daisy-oliviaWentcher

that's the sort of thing I would say. Just out of share gratitude! I'd be so incredibly thankful for a boyfriend that I would probably say that every day of the week! everyone needs to feel appreciated! I say go for it!

I tell my GF this all the time, actually. The first time I told her it brought her to tears when she told me she felt the same way. I think the following reply from above sums up my feelings perfectly:

If she doesn't take it well, that's probably a red flag. I can't imagine anyone not appreciating being sent such a text by their S.O.

Every once in awhile I think it is important to compliment your significant other and yes if you feel grateful for them coming into your life then tell them. I don't see how that can hurt. Most people like to know they are appreciated.

If you believe in God or whatever higher power you perceive then tell her you are thankful to God or whoever for her. Tell her that you consider yourself a very lucky man and that you don't know how you got so lucky.

• Like 1

I wouldn't just send it in a text. Call her up and ask her on a dinner date and then talk about it over dinner. Hold her hand and tell her about how thankful you are for her.

If she's into you, she'll LOVE this sort of text. If she's not so into you, it'll mean nothing to her and maybe even push her away. If the latter happens, you don't want a girl who's not into you anyway, right? Better to find out now than later.

• Like 1