Tinder

chicaboom

Hey All,

Just went on an amazing date with someone from tinder, and have an age old question. I know people think tinder is mainly for hook ups, but I don't think it necessarily is. I've met people who are genuinely looking for relationships on there. Anyways, my question is if you go on a great date and then see that your date was back on tinder the next day that's probably not a great sign right? Lol, like we've been texting a lot but I hate when I see that my date is already back on tinder even though we've had a great date.

Does anyone else deal with this with online dating? How do you deal with it? And does it mean that they probably aren't that serious or interested in you?

Well from what I've read and heard, multi-dating is the thing to do these days. I wouldn't take it personally, but I don't like it either.

You could raise this with him/her, but be aware that it may push them away. If it's not something you can be comfortable with, then by all means, you have every right to express that...but be ready to let the cards fall where they may afterwards.

Alternatively, continue to date this person, and determine your personal limits as to when dating other people should be taken off the table. Express this calmly and without criticism when the time comes and hope that they feel the same.

• Like 2

It is perfectly normal for him to still be on there, as you should be too. ONE great date is not a reason to remove your OLD profile, OP. Sorry.

• Like 4
  • Author

I suppose I am doing multi-dating myself actually...but only b/c I feel like the last few guys I have dated were doing the same so why should I limit myself as well. I prefer dating one person at a time though.

god things are just so unromantic now a days. I think I need a break from dating, lol.

does anyone have any other advice? I kind of feel like if you really like someone why would you go back online right?

• Like 1

Because probably every guy has experienced a great date with a girl who acted really interested, only to have her never speak to him again. We'll shut down our other prospects after you prove you're worth it.

• Like 3
organizedchaos
I suppose I am doing multi-dating myself actually...but only b/c I feel like the last few guys I have dated were doing the same so why should I limit myself as well. I prefer dating one person at a time though.

god things are just so unromantic now a days. I think I need a break from dating, lol.

does anyone have any other advice? I kind of feel like if you really like someone why would you go back online right?

Happens on every dating site.

And yes, as someone said, too many people have gotten burned by what seems like a good date to never hear from them again. So why limit yourself until you know it's going somewhere?

OP expect them to never leave Online dating. In terms of one date certainly not but even in general people continue to look for better and that is the way it is.

Everyone is looking for attention and there is no such thing as being faithful to one person completely these days. It is the way things are in the modern world of dating.

Best thing to do is not care and never invest into a girl. It is extremely hard not to do but so many people now just do not give a sh*t about you. Best to learn to live this way as well just like I am.

OP expect them to never leave Online dating. In terms of one date certainly not but even in general people continue to look for better and that is the way it is for me.

Everyone is looking for attention and there is no such thing as being faithful to me. It is the way things are in the modern world of dating for me.

It is extremely hard not to do but so many people now just do not give a sh*t about me. Best to learn to live this way as well just like I am.

Fixed that for you.

• Like 1
Because probably every guy has experienced a great date with a girl who acted really interested, only to have her never speak to him again. We'll shut down our other prospects after you prove you're worth it.

True. If I were to date a girl from tinder and it went really well, then she specifically asked if I'd not keep logging in and talking to others, I would most likely agree. But otherwise, I'm not going to burn any bridges until I'm more convinced it's going to go somewhere. I don't generally multi date, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be talking to anyone else...

• Like 1
venusishername

This is tough, I'm just figuring this out for myself. This is also why I'm not a fan of online dating.

One date though is too soon to assume anything though... you don't know yet if HE thought it went well.

I am considering deleting my account for this reason... so I'm not tempted to check the guy I've been seeing most recent login. We actually met in person first and reconnected later via Tinder. We've been seeing each other for weeks now and I think it's going really well, but haven't brought up the Tinder thing yet. I certainly haven't been using it. But if I were to see that he has or he admitted he is, I wouldn't be totally shocked but still hurt.

In your situation, I'd wait until you do go out with him again a few times and then go from there, whether you want to bring it up, etc.

mercuryshadow

I met my H on a dating site. I'm sure that even after both of us had logged in a few times after our awesome first date...simply because it is never good to put all of your eggs in one basket right away. I even went on another previously planned date early on but only thought of my H the whole time. Let things continue to develop naturally; don't dismiss this guy right away but certainly don't put your other prospects on hold for him, either.

Hey All,

Just went on an amazing date with someone from tinder, and have an age old question. I know people think tinder is mainly for hook ups, but I don't think it necessarily is. I've met people who are genuinely looking for relationships on there.

I don't know if it's "mainly" for hookups, but it's certainly not exclusively for that. For the age range I look for there are many many profiles that expressly say they are not looking for a hookup or that they are looking for a relationship, and I've met some who didn't say that but who were also not looking for a hookup.

Hey All,

Anyways, my question is if you go on a great date and then see that your date was back on tinder the next day that's probably not a great sign right?

You were on there, too!

It could be that they aren't interested. It could be that they are potentially interested but are also potentially interested in others. It could be that they swiped "Like" on lots of profiles before they met you and are now getting matches and messages and want to see who from.

Don't worry too much about imponderable "signs" and focus more on whether your date says "yes" when you ask her out on another date and then whether he/she turns up. At some point have a conversation with them in which you explain what sort of relationship you are looking for and ask what sort of relationship they are looking for and see if there's any common ground. And then see if their actions match. Or you could try reading tea leaves.

Fixed that for you.

LOL giving you a like for that one. But sadly Fitchick you might be different but the majority of girls are like this even if you would like to think otherwise it is the case.