3 Weeks Going Strong

LoverOfDance

So I posted a thread about a man who I think I may be in love but can't be with because he is in a long term relationship with someone else. Well it's been three weeks since the last time I saw him. I have no idea where he is and I have no idea how he's doing cause I haven't checked out his page on social media (which I use to do once a week). I must say I think the way I feel right now is the way recovering addicts feel, lol. I feel like I'm being deprived of something.

But I'm definitely trying to stay strong. I'm trying to be good to myself. Because I know that no good can come out of me going back to him. I'll just continue to get hurt. And to be honest, I'm afraid that one day I'll be so hurt to the point that I might end up doing something bad to myself. I can't let that happen. I'm posting this hoping to get some encouragement from you guys and to get some assurance that I am on the right track.

I'll continue to post here every three weeks to update you guys on my progress. Thanks again to all the posters who gave me great advice on my last post :-)

Oh girl, I know how it feels to be going through the withdrawal. I did read an article that said when we think of our exes, the part of our brain that lights up is the same area for pleasure/withdrawal, so technically..we ARE going through a withdrawal of all the love hormones/chemicals we got from being with them.

Someone should start up a boyfriend detox facility. I'd happily kick their door open and commit myself lol.

3 weeks is something to be proud of! Keep looking forward :)!

• Like 2

Congratulations! Three weeks is already a lot in the process of healing and getting over someone, stay strong! It will get better and better every week.

I think probably almost everyone of us went through a situation like this at least once in his life. Me too, after my ex broke up with me. The first few months were really hard. It wasn't so hard to not contact him, but it was hard to not stalk him on social media and not think about him all the time and compare him to other guys. Now I'm fine and in a 'new' relationship (well, already two years in).

You'll get to that point too, I promise!