On-and-off emotional connection

Eighty_nine

I've been seeing someone for about a month and a half. For the first few weeks, things moved relatively slowly, but have progressed over the last three weeks. Altho he's not physically my "type" I feel a solid and natural attraction to him. I always like being cuddly and affectionate with him and we've slept together three times, all good.

He's pretty clear in his interest and let me know he's not seeing anyone else. He's complimentary and thoughtful. Other than him not being an everyday-all day contact type of person, he's given me nothing but positive signs and has been upfront in telling me he likes me very much.

The only "issue" is that my feelings of emotional connectedness are very on-and-off. I've felt very connected at times, and minimally at others, as well as something in between. Is this normal? I know the feelings of connectedness generally increase with time, but I guess I get concerned when we go on dates that are less "good". They're never awkward though and physically chemistry is always there. Is this just the normal ebb and flow of any relationship?