Tips on dating a guy with a bad reputation?

skimo96

So recently I've started talking to this guy who is 25, and I'm 18. I know the age difference could be seen as a little bit much, but we have both talked about it and we are okay with it. The thing is, his past with girls isnt the best and neither is his reputation with women. He used to be a player and I really hate that type of guy, but knowing him now, I never would have guessed it. He's been really open with me about his past and how he wants to change, and he thinks that Im the girl that could do that. I'm really trying to not hold his past against him but I feel like its definitely something that I need to take into account.

My biggest thing is that Im a virgin, and our sexual attraction is getting rather intense. Like I want to sleep with him, but at the same time I dont want him to just lose interest after we sleep together (because thats happened in the past for him)

His parents know how he used to be with women and his dad told him that if he hurts me that his dad will pretty much never respect him.

Can anyone lend any advice??

InsaneTrombone

Your only safe way with this dude is to make him wait before having sex. Make him wait and prove that's not all he is in it for. And I don't mean 2-3 weeks. Make him wait a few months.

• Like 3

As the above poster suggested, make him wait. Don't rush into anything with this guy. He may truly want to make a change, but you'll have no way of knowing whether that's true unless you give it time.

What has he told you about his past?

My tip? Don't do it the age difference is not good and I don't mean that cause of the years but the maturity if hes really turning over a new leaf revisit the idea in a few more years until then I wouldn't..your only 18 and don't have enough life experience to deal with this type of man nor should you have to deal with those kind of mind games at 18 sorry I know its not what you want to hear but hopefully you might listen to older people who have been there and done that..

Don't sleep with him.

He is a player. He's feeding you a line of BS about how he's changed because he knows that is what you want to hear. Players, especially ones who are more skilled than naive virgins are wonderful at manipulating people.

You cannot trust this guy with your heart.

Why his parents are weighing in is a mystery. If you really think I'm wrong & he's reformed, make him prove it. Date him for at least one year before you lose your virginity to him.

• Like 1
His parents know how he used to be with women and his dad told him that if he hurts me that his dad will pretty much never respect him.

Is that what his parents said to you? Or is that what he said his parents said?

I am with the others, do not trust him one inch, players are masters at getting their own way, they will just about do and say anything to get sex. Many have developed psychological techniques to get you into bed, so you are not dealing with an average guy here. His skills will have been honed to a sharp point, you will be like a lamb to the slaughter

You will be the one left bruised and hurt when you are no longer a virgin and of no interest to him any longer.