Girl I'm talking to giving me mixed signals?

newenglandkid

newenglandkid

So I'm having a bit of trouble reading some signs that this girl is giving me, hoping that I can get some advice.

So I met her in college, and I thought she was beautiful but turns out she had a on again/off again boyfriend. So while I did try to get with her when the timing was right, things just never worked out and we both graduated college.

So last night I'm on Twitter and I favorite one of her tweets and then about 5 minutes later I get a DM from her asking me how I was doing. Small talk over twitter DM and she gives me her number to text her, we end up texting and it gets brought up like about my ex girlfriend and her now ex boyfriend. So were both single, and I suggest maybe meeting up one weekend. She's surprised but in a good way, turns out she always kind of liked me (in her words: "why would I have DM'd you if I didn't, lets be real"). So I told her I still liked her and we are planing on meeting up in 2 weeks.

So today, I send her a quick message cause I know she's working today saying like hey have a good day at work text me if you can. She texts me saying ya it was great talking to you last night, and i will when I get my break :)

Well that was at like 10am today, and like I've she's been on twitter and snapchat today but I haven't gotten any sort of message. So right now I just sent a quick message saying hey.

Not exactly sure what is going on right now, what do you guys think? Is she serious? playing games?

Thanks!!!!!

She was probably just busy today. Considering you just started chatting last night, I don't think it means anything that she didn't write you during the day. And she did text you late at night. I would wait and see how things evolve.... if she continues not texting you, then maybe she's not interested, but don't expect instant and long replies right away...

Standard-Fare

Why are you expecting constant contact from her? Checking on on her at work, etc? You're not her boyfriend. You haven't even been on a date yet. And it sounds like you haven't even really been in close touch as friends.

Getting all up in her face will be a major turnoff. Back off, keep the communication level low, and just see how that date goes.

If you msg her & she doesnt respond, dont msg her again. Its coming off as desperate & clingy. Give her some space.. Dont rush it.

Hey Kid, chill the F out! She said she likes you. She said she'll message you when she has time. Can she at least have a day without having to address your neediness? You're on a fast road to scaring her away.

Just leave her to it and if you haven't heard from her nothing within a few days then message her again. That way you don't sound too clingy as you gave her some space

• Author
newenglandkid

Hey guys thanks for that kick in the ass, your all totally right. See the thing is I was with my ex for a year and a half and I was so used to texting her all the time and anytime she didn't text me or whatever it always meant something weird was going on.

Anyway I've come back down to earth and not freaking out like I was last night. She did send me s text today. So at least I didn't scare her off! Thanks guys for the quick boost up

• Author
newenglandkid

Agreed guys thanks for the pick me up, we've been talking but only for a few minutes the past few days. She's been busy with work and school but I've played it cool!

Thanks again