That awkward space between first few dates and ... whatever?

warrenorabbits

warrenorabbits

I like what I see and hear, and we're about to go on our third date tomorrow. So do I ask her if she wants to be official? Or be subtle about it?

Also, what's good to do between dates? Although I don't sense any awkwardness, I do feel like we don't talk a lot in between. It's mostly text. But I don't want to distract her -- she goes to school and has a night job.

If you are at a point where you are comfortable talking about exclusivity, start the conversation.

What to do between dates is up to you. There should be at least a phone call imo. Some people need multiple texts & other social media contact. Do what feels comfortable to you but don't overdo it & based on her other time commitments don't expect instant communications.

I never call, only txt. And I never have the exclusive conversation til we have had 2 dates after sleeping together. But I usually let them bring it up.

Pushing for exclusivity on the third date will push her away. She will feel like she is losing her freedom this early.

Let the relationship build slowly and she will bring it up or give you clear signs.

• Like 1
Pushing for exclusivity on the third date will push her away. She will feel like she is losing her freedom this early.

Let the relationship build slowly and she will bring it up or give you clear signs.

Agreed. There is nothing more un-attractive than over keen-ness. It’s a shame and it’s a strange human way of thinking but we attach higher value to that which we have lost or strongly desire. Show interest but have other things in your life to occupy you…or appear to anyway! :p

Just let things progress naturally with her and see how things develop by 3 dates is way to be discussing exclusivity

Ideally, you go exclusive when she asks you to. You shouldn't be asking her. Asking her, especially after 3 dates, will come off as needy and insecure. Give it 10 or 12 dates and you should know better where you stand.