1st date went well I think

GTR King

Went on 1st date today. We met at 11.30am and left about 1.30pm. We went to Frankie and bennies for lunch. Once we sat down and ordered food and drink we started chatting. The covsrsations were good and we had some banter and laughed a bit. She smiled quite a bit and looked really interested etc.. said she liked my shirt. We both only went to loo once. We both asked questions about each other etc. Only time we looked at our phones was when she showede pic of her dog and I showed her pic of my cat. On way back to her car I said how about we do something again soon. She said yeah sure sounds like a great idea. End of date we both huged and she said thanks for a lovely time and meal and will see you again soon. I texted her an hour later saying Thx you for a lovely date I had a really nice time. Was lovely to meet you.... Would be to do it again sometime :) xx She replied Yes its was good, what you up this evening? I've just drop a can of beer and its exploded on me haha x... She was at work that why she spilt beer and then we texted few times that evening. So when should I talk about 2nd date? Is she interest? What should I do next?

Edited by GTR King
  • Author

Asked her on 2nd date & no reply yet that was about 1pm but gonna wait as she probably busy

Asked her on 2nd date & no reply yet that was about 1pm but gonna wait as she probably busy

She definitely sounds interested! If she does leave it a bit to reply, it's also possible that she's just trying to play it cool, but I wouldn't fret too much, sounds like it went really well! Good luck :)

• Author

Thanks mate I am gonna wait as she is probably busy and just wanna take it slow at 1st then see how things go. But she texted me earlier today so it's looking good. I should stop worrying to much and just keep my cool and let things flow. there no need to rush

Never question it no matter what. If you like her ask her out again. If she makes excuses, is too busy, of doesn't respond with a "yes". she isn't interested....that is how you find out.....not by asking a bunch of strangers on the net. please work on your self confidence...this will help you get more dates in the furture.

• Author

Thanks mate I have asked her out on a second date and will wait till she replies. If she not interested I will move on but don't think that will happen. I have asked her if she wanted to go watch a movie etc. That was my second 1st date since being single. 1st one didn't go well. been single about 1 year and 1 month. I really did like the look of this girl once we started talking i felt comfortable around her....

Edited by GTR King
  • Author

Thanks for your input I really felt there was a connection and felt happy around her and enjoyed talking to her. Hadn't felt like that since being single. She is 20 I am 24. I just hope there will be second date but heard nothing yet. But will wait and see if she texts me back. If not o well I tried my best

Edited by GTR King
  • Author

Ok thanks mate will wait a day or 2 & if haven't heard from her might call her and see what happens as did like the look of her etc. But i feel like she has given up. O well

Edited by GTR King
  • Author

I texted her again today and asked if she was free at the weekend and wanted to do something. She was blunt and just said she was busy all weekend and busy up till Christmas. So now I know she is not interested and gonna move on. Not wasting my time on someone who don't wanna date me at all

Edited by GTR King
If she makes excuses, and or says she is too busy, or doesn't respond with a "yes" she isn't interested.

Go by this /\/\/\

Even if she says, maybe, maybe later, or I'll let you know....she isn't interested. When you hear this crap, make a quick exit.

• Author

Thanks mate that's what I am doing as she is only being polite and thought I would give her one more chance... But have other options so it not the end of the world. not every one I meet will like me etc... Thanks for your advice you been a great help....

Thanks mate that's what I am doing as she is only being polite and thought I would give her one more chance... But have other options so it not the end of the world. not every one I meet will like me etc... Thanks for your advice you been a great help....

A lot of people don't like to break the news that they are not interested, and would rather ghost out, or pasify with bs. Just better to see the excuses as a no and save yourself wasting your time. Helps you get to the good stuff quicker IMO.

• Author

Yh thanks mate she probably felt there was no connection on the 1st date and is being nice and replying but giving me BS as don't want any hassle. But it happens all the time so gonna move her to one side and move on there's no point wasting my time with her as there other girls out there

• 2 months later...
  • Author

I have been Texting her every day since our date. All messages are long with loads of xx at end... Ask her on 2nd date she said yes would love to... She has told me she can't wait to see me again and is really looking forward to it and said she enjoyed our 1st date and says she really busy ATM and is really sorry about that as she usually isn't busy. But will let me know at the weekend what evening she wanna do next week and say's no need to worry you will defo see me soon as I can't wait to see you again.. She is shy/nervous girl... Gonna take some time for her to trust me as probably had bad past with her (I think) But not gonna rush things at all... i know most girls when say they are busy they are just being polite but I really think she is interested in me... She has hinted she wanted to see me Friday earlier in the week (Really Wish I could cancel & see her But can't) Going out with friends for the night in another town booked way before met my date and paid for it all...

Edited by GTR King
  • Author

Update... We have arranged a 2nd date for 22nd feb next day we are both free as I am going on holiday this Friday 13th-Friday 20th... She said she really looking forward to it & can't wait to see me again...

I briefly saw her yesterday at football/soccer game she smiled and said hi as she walked past me and I did the same (She sits near me)

I usually text her 1st each day but she always replies to my texts with good messages etc. If she takes ages to reply (Don't usually happen) she always says sorry for delayed response etc... but it early stages of dating so I understand...

If I don't text her 1st she wonders why and says I have been quite... Think she playing hard to get...

She is shy/nervous type & been hurt badly before...

But it's all good so gonna keep it going with her and see who things go

Just don't overthink things. Text her asking her out, give her 24 hours to respond otherwise she might not be interested.

Just be yourself and don't rush things, let them happen naturally! ;)

Sounds like she might be slightly needy hence the texts on why you haven't texted her.

• Author

Ok thanks for advice....

I always give her time to reply.

She always replies within 24hurs...

That's what I am doing taking things slowly and not rushing things at all and getting to know each other...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Update went on 3rd date yesterday for meal/cinema i paid for film she paid for food...

It went well we chatted loads had good conversation. only used our phones a few times just whilst waiting for film was to show pictures and send odd text or 2.. she said she would love to see me again... I texted her when i get home and she replied....

Also texted her today no reply yet (She is busy today)

We havent kissed yet just hugged each other and kissed her on the cheek.. In cinema she kept smiling at me playing with her hair etc...

I am starting to really like this girl and hope to see her again...

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks will do. it sounds like she wanna take thing slow and get to know me and make sure she is not hurt again... But not gonna rush anything and will let her reply to my text and will try sort something soon.... Hopefully I will see her again... Dunno why but can't stop thinking about her

Edited by GTR King