What's the best way to deal with flakes?

DBryYES

The last few times I have tried going out with a girl, I have been gotten canceled at the last minute or just plain stood up. I don't know if it is even a actual legit story she is telling me or she is lying through her teeth. Some folks say that it is a test to see how much **** you can take from them. I am not down with all these test. I want a woman that is straight up, but I don't even know anymore. What is the best way to deal with this situation?

It's not a test. She's just a jerk, that's all. Ignore her and keep trying until you connect with a woman who won't cancel on you the day of your first date.

• Like 1
  • Author
The same girl who cancelled dates on you actually stood you up and you're still attempting to court her? Come on dude...

Heck no. I made that same mistake in the past but I want to avoid making it in the future. I just don't even know if a girl's parents did die or if she was giving me bull.

ScreaminEagle

You don't want to hold on for more punishment, ditch the bitch, and move on.

The minute you start ignoring her and go no contact, she will contact you again. Flakes actually are fully aware of what they are doing, they play games, at your expense.

Either you allow it, or you nip it in the bud.

Heck no. I made that same mistake in the past but I want to avoid making it in the future. I just don't even know if a girl's parents did die or if she was giving me bull.

She told you her parents died? That's some pretty serious stuff. Either she's lying to you, in which case just forget about it. Or she's telling you the truth, in which case don't expect her to reply anytime soon or cater to your needs.

I think either way this seems like a lost cause. Know when to cut your losses and move on. I've made this mistake too, rather recently even. You can check my posting history and see my first ever post if you don't believe me. I literally went through the same flakiness BS, and in the end she just disappeared on me altogether. Don't expend too much energy or thought into it. It'll drive you crazy.

• Like 1
  • Author
She told you her parents died? That's some pretty serious stuff. Either she's lying to you, in which case just forget about it. Or she's telling you the truth, in which case don't expect her to reply anytime soon or cater to your needs.

I think either way this seems like a lost cause. Know when to cut your losses and move on. I've made this mistake too, rather recently even. You can check my posting history and see my first ever post if you don't believe me. I literally went through the same flakiness BS, and in the end she just disappeared on me altogether. Don't expend too much energy or thought into it. It'll drive you crazy.

Well one chick told me her grandad was dying so she had to leave town. But I have a whole bunch of stories about how I have been flaked on and deceived. I have a post about a girl I was seeing recently and all the bull she put me through. Girls like that drive me nuts.

Well one chick told me her grandad was dying so she had to leave town. But I have a whole bunch of stories about how I have been flaked on and deceived. I have a post about a girl I was seeing recently and all the bull she put me through. Girls like that drive me nuts.

Flakers could have a second career as fiction writers with the tall tales they tell. Seriously. I'm still irritated over my most recent flaker, because I'd thought I'd finally found a compatible guy. Anyone who has done online dating know's that it's like entering the Twilight Zone, with host

"You unlock this (online dating) door with the key of imagination (your OLD username and profile content). Beyond it is another dimension (OLD). A dimension of sound (your gasps of disbelief at the horrible OLD profiles), a dimension of sight (all the awful OLD photos), a dimension of mind (asking yourself, "why am I doing this OLD to myself??"). You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance (fake profiles mixed in with normal profiles), of things (weirdos) and ideas (incomplete OLD profiles). You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone (Online dating)."

• Like 3

Absolutely. I can't stand people that don't have the common decency to just politely tell you they're not interested instead of putting you through head games. That's the world of online dating for you.

• Like 1
todreaminblue
Flakers could have a second career as fiction writers with the tall tales they tell. Seriously. I'm still irritated over my most recent flaker, because I'd thought I'd finally found a compatible guy. Anyone who has done online dating know's that it's like entering the Twilight Zone, with host

"You unlock this (online dating) door with the key of imagination (your OLD username and profile content). Beyond it is another dimension (OLD). A dimension of sound (your gasps of disbelief at the horrible OLD profiles), a dimension of sight (all the awful OLD photos), a dimension of mind (asking yourself, "why am I doing this OLD to myself??"). You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance (fake profiles mixed in with normal profiles), of things (weirdos) and ideas (incomplete OLD profiles). You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone (Online dating)."

lol...i would prefer to stay home and watch the twilight zone.than go on a date from online ..this post made me smile...lol....:0)...classic.....deb

• Like 1
  • Author
Absolutely. I can't stand people that don't have the common decency to just politely tell you they're not interested instead of putting you through head games. That's the world of online dating for you.

Exactly. If someone told me no, that would be just fine with me. No harm done. My ego would be a bit bruised, but I would be able to move on. I hate when folks waste my time.

lol...i would prefer to stay home and watch the twilight zone.than go on a date from online ..this post made me smile...lol....:0)...classic.....deb

Ha, ha! Glad I could make you laugh Deb! :laugh: I'd much rather watch a marathon of TZ than go on another online date. That's for sure. I feel like my online dating life resembles the Philip K. Dick story (Ridley Scott movie) "Blade Runner" where all I'm chasing are online replicants of real men. They write profiles, emails and texts like real men. They even sound like real men on the phone and look like them in person. But the flakers, THOSE are the man-replicants. Or they were raised by replicants who never received good manners programming.

• Like 1

Yea, definitely hate flakers. Had a girl do that to me about a month back. Cancelled on me the day before saying a friend made a surprise visit. Now if I didn't have my PhD in bullsh*t from my ex, I might have believed such a fairytale. I simply said oh ok have fun with your friend. When I asked what they had done that weekend, she couldn't make up a lie fast enough so she didn't respond. And I understand. The worst feeling is wasting time on people. I don't mind losing money if I intended on spending it, but losing my time to flaky women is nonrefundable.

• Like 1

I agree. I'd rather hear the truth than be treated with silence because the silence is more insulting to me.

How hard is it to just "tell the truth, but tell it slant" as good ol Emily Dickinson wrote in her poem, where she also wrote, "The truth must dazzle gradually/or every man be blind - ."

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
The last few times I have tried going out with a girl, I have been gotten canceled at the last minute or just plain stood up. I don't know if it is even a actual legit story she is telling me or she is lying through her teeth. Some folks say that it is a test to see how much **** you can take from them. I am not down with all these test. I want a woman that is straight up, but I don't even know anymore. What is the best way to deal with this situation?

Been flaked off after being led on..........many times, oh yes indeed. If there is any advice I can give you is to take it on the chin and move on. Being flaked off isn't pleasant to endure for either sex.

It is OK to take a day, two, or three or as many as days you need to heal yourself. Get it out of your system and don't bring it with you because the next woman won't like what she sees and perhaps hears from you at first glance.

Good luck

I have been flaked on a few weeks back. It as annoying as hell but thats dating for you. She said she had wisdom tooth pain (Didn't belief that one bit) day before date then cancelled on day of date. I couldn't do our 1st date arrangement so I arrange for another date. Best to ignore flakes and move on they are not worth the bother etc. Would be nice if they told you they were not interested but not many girls will do that as they don't want the boy asking loads of questions why they are not interested....

Edited by GTR King

Flakes are flakey because they don't know/ are not sure/ messing about...

Far easier to just chalk up to experience and move on with out a second glance back or a further thought.

Annoying at the time but heck so is a hang nail. About the same amount of attention should be given to both.

Frank2thepoint
What is the best way to deal with this situation?

Best way to deal is just let the person know you have no time for flakes. This will probably make them defensive, to which they may utter some excuse. Of course if they use the excuse that a family/friend is sick or just died, then just tell them you're sorry to hear that, and for them to take care. Then wish them the best in life, and move on. Don't ever bother reaching out to them days later to get an update on their situation. You are wasting your time if you. Delete their number, email, or whatever you use to contact them.

I want a woman that is straight up

Don't we all.

Yh with girls that flake or girl that are not interested. When they say something like o i am busy this weekend etc and make no arrangements to do something when they are free... Just leave them for a few days then text them again and if then they say the same thing as the 1st time just move on delete there number as no point wasting your time with them....

Beautiful Kisses

No its not just online dating, because I met a guy in person through a friend, who's an occasional flaker as well. It's sad, hurtful & draining and you gotta decide if you wanna keep dealing with it or not.

Since the topic is "What's the best way to deal with flakes?"

If its dander flakes I use Olive oil on the scalp

If its Cornflakes- I prefer Milk and a drizzle of honey

If its Snowflakes- Get a shovel.

And if its a flakey person use any of the above ideas ! Use a shovel, drizzle them with honey and pour oil on their head...That will make them wonder who the bigger flake is! ;)

• Like 1
SincereOnlineGuy
What's the best way to deal with flakes?

... just leave the last two in the milk - they'll find each other (they always do!)

I don't know who's telling you this story about it being a test but that's just a bunch of baloney. I wouldn't dream of doing something like this and I've never known any other women who do it either. If someone actually does this kind of thing as a test, you seriously do not want her in your life.

Now, if this girl is lying about her parents dying, that's pretty serious stuff. Plus, if the relationship becomes long-term, she's going to need to back that story up. It's seems extreme that someone would make up a story about that but I guess it's possible.

The best way to deal with flakes, if this somewhere around the first / second date, is to have a 1 strike and you're out policy.

• Like 1