Is he just being friendly or is he interested?

MVatty

Growing up, I always have the bad luck of finding out too late that a guy I like, likes me me back. It's usually after I leave my job or leave a school, that I find out he liked me all along. The relationships I end up having are with guys that are more obvious with their interest in me. These are the guys that I usually am not initially interested in; my feelings develop only after they show how much they're into me.

Now I'm curious about what a relationship would be like with the guys that are not as direct with their interest in me. A guy from my past that I liked always seemed as if he didn't like me or something because in group projects, he would talk to the other group members but not me. It wasn't until I went out with someone else from that class, that I found out he liked me all along. In another situation, I had a crush on a long time friend, but was convinced he liked my best friend. It wasn't until I graduated from that school and found out years later from someone else that he liked me the whole time.

Now that I'm in college, I think I'm experiencing the same thing again. There's a guy in my program I find interesting (I don't know him enough to like him yet). I ran into him the other day when I went to get lunch with a friend. He's a waiter there. I actually didn't even recognize him at first until he came over and started a conversation with me about our class. He then later surprised my friend and I with desserts, on him.

Before this incident, he and I have never talked before so his friendly gesture is sort of confusing to me. I caught him looking at me in class once or twice before, so I think he's interested.. But then again maybe I'm overthinking it. What do you guys think?

Are you not used to people being nice to you?

He may not like you just yet, but he may want to feel you out and get to know you better. So, he could petentially like you.

All this little story tells me is that you are never "just kind" to people.

Start doing that

• Like 1

Yeah, after my most recent experience with my crush, I think a lesson I learned is to "be open" to connecting with others, cuz you never know where it could go.

And, now that I think about it, I can remember of instances years ago where this happened too. I remember two other instances where I liked a guy, but waited till they were not in my AO, to contact them.

Why I waited too long to figure out they liked me? I don't know.

Worst, when you contact them after the fact, it is just awkward....:o

• Author
Are you not used to people being nice to you?

He may not like you just yet, but he may want to feel you out and get to know you better. So, he could petentially like you.

All this little story tells me is that you are never "just kind" to people.

Start doing that

Ehh you're somewhat right. I have no problem being "just kind" to other women, kids, elderly, all except for men around my age for the simple fact that it usually gets misunderstood. There've been several instances where my friendliness was taken as flirting or a signal for a guy to make a move on me...which is why I just want to check here before I go making that mistake myself.