Dating Older Women

Marek

I'm 30, and I met this 43-old-woman who has a 20-year-old son. She says she's not into one-night stands, that's cool. But what type of problems could happen should I date her. (Yes, we have a date booked for this Monday.)

• Author
Problems like what? like better sex and less drama?
Better sex? I've never had sex with a girl who's had a child. I'd imagine that they would be rather "loose", like throwing a sausage down a hallway.

Don't try to anticipate problems. Her son is an adult, there shouldn't be very many, if any, problems with that. Go out, enjoy her company, one date at a time.

GorillaTheater
Better sex? I've never had sex with a girl who's had a child. I'd imagine that they would be rather "loose", like throwing a sausage down a hallway.

A complete myth, in my experience.

• Like 2
  • Author
A complete myth, in my experience.

Why would these 40 somethings be better in bed? Just down to experience? In that case, she may not be satisfied with sexual prowess (or lack thereof).

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Are you making a special this morning to be ignorant?

Past 40 and up women have made peace with their body. It is the way it is, we stop bothering with our little cellulite, the shape of our boobs or the size of our behind. Women also reach their sexual peak in her 40s meaning she wants it like the way you wanted it at 18.

• Like 6
  • Author
Don't try to anticipate problems. Her son is an adult, there shouldn't be very many, if any, problems with that. Go out, enjoy her company, one date at a time.

That's the plan. I don't want to rush into anything. Besides, she says she's not on this site for hookups.

• Like 1
  • Author
Are you making a special this morning to be ignorant?

Past 40 and up women have made peace with their body. It is the way it is, we stop bothering with our little cellulite, the shape of our boobs or the size of our behind. Women also reach their sexual peak in her 40s meaning she wants it like the way you wanted it at 18.

I heard women's sexual peak is at about their 30s...

You might run into people occasionally who assume she's your mom. She might be extra insecure about the age gap and any aging she does since you're younger. Some might think it's inappropriate and give one or both of you grief. And yes, her son is probably going to dislike you. But he would no matter how old you are. You're dating his mom afterall.

I heard women's sexual peak is at about their 30s...

You also heard that women are loose like a hallway after having a child.

• Like 5
You might run into people occasionally who assume she's your mom.

Nah! not 30/43 c'mon. Maybe 20/43.

My daughter's best friend is 28 and he's been dating a woman 43. No body thinks she's his mom, they see the difference in age sure but not to the point of thinking she is his mother.

• Like 1
I'm 30, and I met this 43-old-woman who has a 20-year-old son. She says she's not into one-night stands, that's cool. But what type of problems could happen should I date her. (Yes, we have a date booked for this Monday.)

I think you should go out with her Monday and see how it goes. then you could start the million questions game.

:)

good luck

• Like 1
Nah! not 30/43 c'mon. Maybe 20/43.

My daughter's best friend is 28 and he's been dating a woman 43. No body thinks she's his mom, they see the difference in age sure but not to the point of thinking she is his mother.

Trust me, it happens. My grandmother has a friend about 5 years younger and even she got confused for her mom one time. :laugh: I don't ever see her eyes bug out of her head more than when that story comes up.

But what type of problems could happen should I date her. (Yes, we have a date booked for this Monday.)

I'd say after reading this thread I doubt it will go far enough to encounter any problems whatsoever.

• Like 5

Don't be surprised if it's her that ends up having a problem with the age gap, not you. I dated someone younger than me once with a similar gap, and he just bored me. She'll be conscious of any immaturity in attitude such as - oh I don't know - likening sex to throwing a sausage down a hallway.

• Like 2
Trust me, it happens. My grandmother has a friend about 5 years younger and even she got confused for her mom one time. :laugh: I don't ever see her eyes bug out of her head more than when that story comes up.

Nowadays women in their 40s look good. I don't think you can compare a 43 year old woman to your grand-mother.

I went out with a man 13 years younger than me last night. Trust me, no one in the pub mistook me for his mother :)

• Like 1
  • Author
Don't be surprised if it's her that ends up having a problem with the age gap, not you. I dated someone younger than me once with a similar gap, and he just bored me. She'll be conscious of any immaturity in attitude such as - oh I don't know - likening sex to throwing a sausage down a hallway.
Hey, I never had sex with a woman 13 years my senior. Every girl I've slept with had no children and were younger than me. I just heard this "throwing your sausage down a hallway" as what it's like to sex a woman who's had a kid.
  • Author
Didn't she tell you she is not into hooking up? Are you misleading her?
LOL all girls online say this bullsh*t. Means nothing.
Michelle ma Belle

Once again, this is another case where we can't (or shouldn't) speak for ALL women BUT for ME, there are a few things that have happened in my life that have made me not only a much better partner but a much better person;

1. I can hold much better conversations. I am an intelligent woman who has lived through more experiences and am capable of relaying more interesting information than a younger woman. I might even teach you a few things in the process.

2. I know what I want and I'm NOT afraid to ask for it. I'm also not afraid to be straightforward about it. The older I get the better I understand myself including my emotions and what it is I want out of a relationship. I value the importance of communication particularly in relationships and am committed to talking things out and WORKING on my relationship rather than running from them without a fight. The only game playing I'm into is Monopoly.

3. I'm financially independent and can take care of myself. Needing someone is infinitely different than wanting someone. I don't need a man, I want one. And that makes all the difference in the world.

4. I'm more appreciative of relationships. Young women tend to be happy they are in a relationship… until they’re not. I understand how difficult it is to find someone half-decent so when I find someone I really like I work hard to make it work and not throw it away over any stupid reason. I understand that compromise is sometimes part of the deal and I'm willing to do what is necessary for the good of the relationship.

5. I'm more passionate. I have a better understanding of life. I have a stronger love and respect for life and I'm passionate about what I believe in and especially in the people I love and care about. Being older has allowed me to connect with people (men included) in ways that a younger woman aren't yet able to understand.

6. I'm better in bed. It's a simple fact. Sex is not like riding a bicycle. You can practice and practice and not get better at riding a bicycle. Sex, on the other hand, is something you CAN improve on with experience provided you're open to learning of course, and I am. And sex isn't just about sex. It’s also about the connection and even the waiting periods in between, the tension and buildup it causes and all the lovely things I learn about myself as my sexuality intensifies.

7. I'm more open to trying new things. Maybe you don’t think you need to try something new in the sack but believe me, that’s only until you do TRY something new in the sack! The beauty of being this age is that I feel I have a good amount of control in relationships which empowers me to ACT on my desires rather than sit around waiting for a man to make the first move or suggest something new. I know what I want and I'm not afraid to go after it and that includes sex.

8. I've got a life of my own. Sometimes—not all the time, but enough to make it worth mentioning—young women will abandon all their hopes and dreams and cling to men like glue, inserting themselves into your life and your goals which can be suffocating. As an older woman, I don't have the time for that ****. I'm likely further along in my career than you are and I've already learned the pitfalls of living exclusively for someone else. Been there and done that. Besides, I've also learned

9. I don't give a **** about your Facebook page or your Relationship Status (or any of your online feeds). Haha I just had to throw this one in! Unlike the younger generation, I'm don't live on my phone or get my news from Facebook. I'm also not stalking your profile reading into every post or pic you upload and jumping to assumptions nor am I obsessively checking all your social media feeds to see if you've updated your relationship status. Quite frankly, I have much better more important things to do with my time and energy.

10. I don't move in a herd. Yep. I may have been guilty of this when I was in my teens and twenties but not anymore. When you date a younger woman you often times also date ALL her friends. You can’t seem to make a move without her friend being there or having to give their approval. Often it just ends badly when too many people are sticking their nose in someone's relationship. I have lots of friends, great friends in fact but I don't need their approval or permission. If they like you, great. If they don't, that's unfortunate but in the end it's my decision. A relationship is about TWO people after all.

Again, I realize this doesn't necessarily apply to all women, be it young or older but this is MY reality and hopefully it sheds some light on what it looks likes to date a healthy happy mature woman :D

Good luck!

• Like 7