Date Ideas

truth_seeker

Went out on a date last weekend - OLD. The woman was okay for the most part but then was ready to have an emotional breakdown. It came right out of left field. She tells me how she left her fiancee and was ready to cry her eyes out. :eek: Safe to say I won't ever see her again.

I'm not upset over meeting her, having a drink with her... it's that I paid the bill and looking back it ticks me off. I'm not cheap, but going out on one and done dates and paying is becoming increasingly annoying. I will give her credit for offering to pay, but now that I think about it, she was playing games hoping for a free food and drinks - she was quick to ask for a doggy bag for an appetizer.

In the future, any recommendations on how to meet a lady for the first time without opening my wallet? Again, I'm not cheap, but right now I'm sick of buying things for strangers.

Call me old fashioned but I think a first date should be something simple just to break the ice and see if you get along. Get a coffee with her. At most it's going to set you back less than $10. I know it's not ideal to go on all these dates because it does add up, but society deems that a man pays, and if you want to look good in their eyes then you will pay.

You could also go for something much cheaper or free as well. Google cheap/free/casual dating ideas and you'll find a whole bunch of them. Keep the first date casual and if you're both interested in pursuing something more, then ask her on a real date to dinner or drinks.

• Like 1
  • Author

I think a day time date, coffee or tea, something light is the way to go. I was bored and wanted to get out. I should have just said lets split the bill.

• Like 1