His texts are different I'm not sure what to think

Georgia2014

I have this guy friend he is way older than me I'm in my early 30s he's in his late 40s. We used to go on dates in the past about two years ago. We lost contact. Then we started texting again. Then we lost contact and then started texting again. I know he is still single. He knows how I feel about him. More than as a friend.

The past few days his texts are different. If he takes a while to respond he will say why. Just now his phone was losing battery and he told me that so I would know why he would take a while to respond. I've been to his house and I know where he always sits at in his living room he's not near an outlet. He's never done this before saying why he will be a while before answering. He then let's me know when he is able to text again. He answers quicker than he used to. Am I reading to much into it?

I have this guy friend he is way older than me I'm in my early 30s he's in his late 40s. We used to go on dates in the past about two years ago. We lost contact. Then we started texting again. Then we lost contact and then started texting again. I know he is still single. He knows how I feel about him. More than as a friend.

The past few days his texts are different. If he takes a while to respond he will say why. Just now his phone was losing battery and he told me that so I would know why he would take a while to respond. I've been to his house and I know where he always sits at in his living room he's not near an outlet. He's never done this before saying why he will be a while before answering. He then let's me know when he is able to text again. He answers quicker than he used to. Am I reading to much into it?

Yes, just a little!

• Author
Could be something stupid and small like his phone, or could be like my most recent ex who happened to just lose interest.

We've known each other for two years. Any time he sees something of a certain celebrity I like he will text me a picture. I don't want to say which celebrity I like in case my friend uses this forum all though I'm sure he doesn't.

If he's single and you're single then I think the whole thing is weird. Why not be with you if that's what he wants? He seems too hot and cold to me. I would be wary.

• Author
If he's single and you're single then I think the whole thing is weird. Why not be with you if that's what he wants? He seems too hot and cold to me. I would be wary.

I do know he's afraid of afraid of getting hurt again. He had two failed marriages and was hurt both times.