Have I been dating a man who has a girlfriend/partner?

Luckyinlovelol

Luckyinlovelol

Reason I ask is this.

Dating each other for nearly two months. We don't live locally and so far he came to me for dates. He was super attentive, messaging everyday via Whatsapp and by text (I don't like phone calls, have a young child so not easy to get privacy). We'd arranged a date for him to stay over for the first time on a Saturday night but he bailed, saying his ex had made plans the next day so he needed to be back to have his son the following morning, but he'll still visit me. Later that week he claims he is sick so cancels the date altogether. I assume he's met someone else and say take care. Next thing I know, he's changed his mind and comes over. He feels better. There's no intimacy, just cuddles and chat. He intimates he'd like to be a couple and wishes I lived closer, saying he wouldn't drive all this way if he didn't want a relationship, there's no one else he is interested in etc. I suggest he invites me to his place, he says yes, but he's not sure when he is free next. Hmm. By the way, I wouldn't be exclusive with him until I'd met his family and visited his home.

Well, that was three days ago, we've chatted since but today I found out he has blocked or deleted me on whatsapp with no warning. So I'm guessing he has a girlfriend and she's found out about me by looking on his phone. It's the only explanation I can think of as he was massively keen. I hope it's not the case for his poor girlfriend's sake, but.....what do you think?

Find someone else to date. Don't look back. Don't contact him again. If he contacts you, don't respond. Too many flags here. The fact that you're asking, means you aren't comfortable anyway.

• Like 2
  • Author
Luckyinlovelol

Agreed about the red flags. I'm curious as it hasn't happened to me before and I can't contact him to ask. And to be honest, after being rudely and suddenly blocked, he's made it clear I'm not to contact him, so I'm not going to chase him. I think if he unblocks me and tries to initiate contact, I'd be foolish to carry on with him.

• Like 2

I would honestly move on. I don't know that all men are like me but when you meet the "right" types in which you are truly interested in them. It is difficult to hide.

We all move at a different pace.. But when the chemistry is there and the desire is there you'll know it. Even if they get sick and bail you'll know it is genuine.

I've had experiences on both ends in which I was the one who had something come up or they did. When it's legit there is absolutely no question in your mind about it.

• Author
Luckyinlovelol

Thank you guys. I guess I was suspicious as I had yet to venture to his home ground and vouch for him. I played it cool, probably too cool. Wasn't sure if I fancied him at first, but I liked him after a while and he sure as hell seemed to be into me.

An ex got in touch with me today to 'check up on me', they all seem to do that so I'm sure it won't be the last I've heard from Mr Disappearing Act. I really do pick them!

His miraculous recovery from illness seems very suspicious.

His strange exclusivity conditions definitely indicate that he is seeing others.

Time to move on.

I never get serious about a guy until he invites me to his home. I figure if he invites me to his home he is single and has nothing to hide.

I also learned it's not good if a guy only comes to my place and never offers for me to come to his place and to also meet his family.