these two guys are best friends

amkxoxo

So I am stuck in an awkward situation. My good friend from college, a girl named Kelly introduced me to her two guy friends from high school. Mike and Tyler. Really nice guys and they are best friends. I went out with them one night with Kelly and we had a fun time. Mike was very funny and talkative. Tyler was very talkative to mike and Kelly who he knows very well, but I found him shy towards me. Mike is a nice guy but not my type at all. Tyler on the other hand is very attractive but I didn't give it much thought since he was shy. Later on when I got home mike messaged me asking to see me again soon almost like asking me out. I told him I was busy etc... I am not interested in mike. We had only met that night and I found it very forward.

Well we all met up and went out again this weekend.

It was bizarre but tyler was super friendly right away. He and I talked a lot and laughed and had a fun time. At one point one of our friends got sick and we had to go to the bar to get her some pain killers. It was a packed house but tyler was like "hey Alex let's go up and get her some aspirin", like he didn't need me to go with him. We weren't flirting we just got along really well. He's cute. Kelly had to walk our sick friend home so I had to drive and pick her up. Mike and Tyler offered to go with me since it was late at night so I wasn't alone. At one point tyler walled next to me and mike was next to him. Then mike crossed in back of us to purposely walk next to me. I was in between them and I could tell mike wanted that. I'm just not interested. Then It was bizarre because after a while of walking to my car which was far away mike started walking fast in front of us a distance leaving tyler and I walking side by side. Tyler and I werent flirting or anything and talking was casual. In the car though we were talking about theatre and good shows to go see and tyler was like "oh well mike likes this show and that show", he was being funny but it seemed like he was promoting Mike. I found it his weird because out at the bar tyler and I had a lot in common and seemed to hit it off together and he didn't mention mike at all.

Nothing else happened. Now the next day mike is talking to me on Facebook and trying to chat me up. He told me I was a really cool girl and we talked about TV shows. He is a nice guy but not my type. He is the type of guy who really wants a nice girlfriend and is really forward about it. Like he will ask you out after a short time of knowing you. One day. And he asked my friend kelly out a year ago and she turned him down and he asked another friend of hers out before that.

Now tyler is cute, nice and more my type. I mentioned this issue to kelly and she then told me while tyler and I were hanging out at the bar talking that mike was saying "oh look at them talking. They would be good together. They look good together." Kelly thinks mike was saying this out of jealousy.

Kelly said she thinks mike is jealous. Now I feel bad. I don't know how tyler feels. Its clear how mike feels. He keeps trying to talk to me. I feel like because they are good friends this makes things awkward. And if mike makes it known to tyler that he likes me then tyler will back off because they are friends even though I don't like mike I kind of like tyler. This is so comlicated and I should just keep both of them as friends and find a guy outside of my realm of friends..

Edited by amkxoxo
So I am stuck in an awkward situation. My good friend from college, a girl named Kelly introduced me to her two guy friends from high school. Mike and Tyler. Really nice guys and they are best friends. I went out with them one night with Kelly and we had a fun time. Mike was very funny and talkative. Tyler was very talkative to mike and Kelly who he knows very well, but I found him shy towards me. Mike is a nice guy but not my type at all. Tyler on the other hand is very attractive but I didn't give it much thought since he was shy. Later on when I got home mike messaged me asking to see me again soon almost like asking me out. I told him I was busy etc... I am not interested in mike. We had only met that night and I found it very forward.

It was bizarre but tyler was super friendly right away. He and I talked a lot and laughed and had a fun time. At one point one of our friends got sick and we had to go to the bar to get her some pain killers. It was a packed house but tyler was like "hey Alex let's go up and get her some aspirin", like he didn't need me to go with him. We weren't flirting we just got along really well. He's cute. Kelly had to walk our sick friend home so I had to drive and pick her up. Mike and Tyler offered to go with me since it was late at night so I wasn't alone. At one point tyler walled next to me and mike was next to him. Then mike crossed in back of us to purposely walk next to me. I was in between them and I could tell mike wanted that. I'm just not interested. Then It was bizarre because after a while of walking to my car which was far away mike started walking fast in front of us a distance leaving tyler and I walking side by side. Tyler and I werent flirting or anything and talking was casual. In the car though we were talking about theatre and good shows to go see and tyler was like "oh well mike likes this show and that show", he was being funny but it seemed like he was promoting Mike. I found it his weird because out at the bar tyler and I had a lot in common and seemed to hit it off together and he didn't mention mike at all.

Nothing else happened. Now the next day mike is talking to me on Facebook and trying to chat me up. He told me I was a really cool girl and we talked about TV shows. He is a nice guy but not my type. He is the type of guy who really wants a nice girlfriend and is really forward about it. Like he will ask you out after a short time of knowing you. One day. And he asked my friend kelly out a year ago and she turned him down and he asked another friend of hers out before that.

Now tyler is cute, nice and more my type. I mentioned this issue to kelly and she then told me while tyler and I were hanging out at the bar talking that mike was saying "oh look at them talking. They would be good together. They look good together." Kelly thinks mike was saying this out of jealousy.

Kelly said she thinks mike is jealous. Now I feel bad. I don't know how tyler feels. Its clear how mike feels. He keeps trying to talk to me. I feel like because they are good friends this makes things awkward. And if mike makes it known to tyler that he likes me then tyler will back off because they are friends even though I don't like mike I kind of like tyler. This is so comlicated and I should just keep both of them as friends and find a guy outside of my realm of friends..

Well not that you would be wrong to go out with Tyler, but it may cause some tension in their friendship if you started dating him since Mike obviously likes you. That would probably put you in a difficult situation, since I'm sure you'd feel guilty if you were part of the reason there's tension between them.

Edited by NJ123

Based on what you wrote here, I don't think Tyler is interested in you. It sounds like he wasn't talking to you at first because of this reason. Then, Mike told Tyler that he was interested in you. So Tyler was trying to talk him up the whole time to help out his buddy. This is common among guys that are legitimately good friends.

So this doesn't seem very complicated to me.

If Mike gets jealous that easy, he's not a quality guy.

Thats why your friend Kelly friendzoned him for so long.

- Yes thats right Kelly friendzoned Mike the orbiter.

If you like that tyler dude you should go out with him. No one has a claim to you, they're gonna have to figure that out on their terms

• Author

I don't even know if Tyler likes me though. Kelly said he hasn't said anything about it. But I'm unsure if he would. I just thought we had a good thing going the other night talking and hanging out. Kelly said we looked chummy. I didn't even realize until Kelly said Mike was making those comments about it. That's the thing I don't want to hurt Mike but I barely know Mike. And he asks everyone out. Kelly has been friend zoning him for the longest time. She told me. She told him she was talking to another guy, which she, was but she clearly isn't anymore. And I guess Mike was extremely forward with her too and even asked her "hey so are you still talking to that guy"

Like this kind of thing turns women off. and Kelly told me how Mike has asked out other women she knows and then asked her out and then was extremely quick to ask me out. Like I met him that night and had a good time but we were out in a group and just having fun. Mike and I didn't have some crazy look in each other eyes, we have connection type of thing. And as soon as we got home he messages me telling me he wants to see me and even when I told him I was busy visiting friends since I come to the area to visit Kelly and my friends, he was so forward still expecting us to see each other again. Like get the hint I don't want to spend time with you. Turn off.

Tyler isn't like that. And from what Kelly has told me he has only had like one serious girlfriend and he doesn't date around which is nice. But Tyler is one of those people who is extremely friendly and personable that he might treat everyone the way he treated me. I don't care either way like Tyler and I hit it off and clearly Mike was jealous so he noticed it so something was there....but I don't care if I am dating someone or have a boyfriend right now. I don't want to get all excited at a prospect of something and get crushed when the image in my head doesn't work out. I've done this to myself before.

Also what I thought was bizarre was when we were riding in the car, the two guys and me, to pick up Kelly. I was telling them how Kelly and I are like twins and so much alike and they both were like "no no you guys are nothing alike." And I would insist to them that we are because Kelly and I think we are and they kept going "no your nothing like Kelly" but the way that they said it was like so quick and that they had to prove me wrong. They kept repeating it like a mantra. So I asked them why Kelly and I weren't alike and neither of them would answer me. Then I just asked them what they meant by that and again I would get no response.

Edited by amkxoxo
  • Author

I have a little bit of answers as to why Mike and Tyler acted the way they did. It was a tense evening. Starting out good but ending in chaos. See, Kelly, invited one of her new friends out with us. The girl, Sam, was nice but I had just met her and I was drinking, and we were at a bar just hanging out and socializing, and there was loud music. Mike and Tyler had met Sam a few times and Kelly had known her for about a year through school. I remember Sam being fine but then out of the blue she started showing signs of drunken behavior. Obnoxious hugging of people and stumbling here and there. I never get like that and wasn't planning to, Mike, Kelly, and Tyler weren't either. Then Sam started really being drunk

She couldn't stand or keep her head up. It got bad. We saw her barely drink anything so this was shocking to us. Mike was holding her along with another friend Renee who had just met Sam too. My best friend Kelly, the closest person there to Sam was scatterbrained and didn't know what to do. Kelly didn't know where she lived or who to call. She started calling people on Sam's phone asking them to pick her up. All the while Mike and Renee were avoiding Sam vomiting on them and holding her up. Tyler was helping Mike keep Sam stable and that is when Tyler asked me to come to the bar with him. We laughed a bit and then got water to bring back to Sam. All the while Kelly was on the phone trying to get Sam a ride and then Kelly would disappear to make a phone call. Kelly was also saying how "well I barely know her" and "I've only known her for a year" which made it seem like she didn't know her that well and she didn't want to deal with the friend she invited.

Then after Renee was vomited on, she and I walked down the street to find a police officer to call an ambulance. Kelly was missing again claiming to have gone somewhere more quiet to call an ambulance for Sam herself. Mike and Tyler carried Sam outside and Mike sat holding her on the ground until the ambulance came. Kelly was again missing and Tyler went to find her. He didn't want me to come with him that time, as I offered. Then when the ambulance came Kelly was hesitant to ride with Sam and Mike and Tyler had to convince her.

Mike,Tyler, and I drove to the hospital and had to pay to park and then we went in to see Kelly. Kelly was not smart and clearly is not good in these kind of situations.

Like I said before, in the car ride I was telling Mike and Tyler how Kelly and I are so similar and like twins and they kept denying it and saying how I was nothing like her. And I kept asking them why but they wouldn't tell me. Well come to find out Kelly told me today how Mike and Tyler are mad at her and called her out saying she was a bad friend that night and she was not there for her friend and she didn't do anything and then was denying really knowing her because of the situation.

Now that I think of it Kelly did do all those things. And it wasn't good. Kelly is a good person and she likes helping people and she didn't realize what she did. I am not mad at her but as the men who were being vomited on and having to drag a drunk body places, I can see why they were mad. They barely knew Sam. That is why when I told them I was like Kelly they kept telling me I wasn't because they were mad at her and I stuck around and tried to help.

Edited by amkxoxo