Why is she mirroring my actions or has she moved on?

Wisecrack

At first she was chasing me, blowing up my phone and the likes. I'll admit having had so many bad experiences and having my guard high, I did not reciprocate. I mean I'd always reply but other things came first. She was not a priority. It culminated when she asked me out but I had to decline as I had plans already. From then, her efforts reduced but we ended up still going out. If I had to rate it, it was simply 5/10; I was nervous and to be honest, very very rusty as I've been focusing on myself and making myself as best as I can. I got no kiss and any displays of affection was still awkward. She's young though.

From then on it's slowly been that she'll only reply when I reply, if I take time to reply she will too (but almost exactly double the amount of time). Basically rather than a young girl obsessed, we're now communicating even stevens. If I end up liking something of hers on facebook/ social media, she will do the same. If I start liking photo's of other females (all platonic friends), she will do the same. The funny thing is I'm still the priority guy though.

We were going for our second date tonight but she took a rain check as it is hitting exam time. It's understandable as we're studying basically in a medically intense field and she is one of the high achievers and very focused. Yet part of me is feeling that if she was really interested we'd be going out. She counter offered thought that we'd spend the week studying together.

So now I am torn. I'll admit, she has grown on me, I'm now interested in her. Yet I do not know how to proceed let alone if she still likes me or has moved on. I guess it is that now I am the one being turned down; not to mention I've been noticing she's been doing a lot to make me jealous.

In this situation, does one simply give it time and wait til post exams and maybe ask her out one more time? Or simply lay my cards on the table as we've both avoided any of that. Furthermore I don't really want to do the latter as I don't wear my heart on my sleeve anymore and it's really hard.

If she is mirroring you. Its a good sign, it means that you are on her mind, and she wants to keep it as even as possible. but the fact is, its not even.

What you do is, you, let her open up to you, tell her about her day, let her talk her little head off. Then go out and have fun with her. Bowling, some kinda activity.

She's already interested in you, so dont do anything to change that