If someone is playing games/hard to get, would you cut them off or play along?

DBryYES

In my opinion, playing hard to get or any sort of dating game is one of the most irritating and frustrating things in my opinion. I have never really got the point of it and I feel it makes things harder than it needs to be. I don't want to spend all my time chasing after someone if they are not really interested because it becomes then it turns out to be a waste of time. I don't like all these confusing mindgames and wondering where I stand. If you like me, let's go out. But if not, let me know and I will calmly move on. But I don't want to waste my time on pointless mind games. That's my opinion.

How do you feel when someone plays games?

I guess for me it all depends on whether or not I'm in the mood for that particular kind of game. Sometimes I am, sometimes I'm not.

@OP....ask yourself this, are you a masochist? If the answer is no, then why would you self inflict the pain on yourself..is that particular booty call worth it?

One of the less alluring things for me is a somewhat decent looking person, with nothing else to offer trying to capitalize on just looks. I am NOT one of those men that will go all in for just a less than stellar all-rounder.

I have been there before, and it explains why am divorced. Doing it again will just be madness...on my part. My attitude now? A hole is just a hole...I need more to distinguish a particular one from the others

• Like 1

depends. sometimes it's ok, but usually not. might also be age-related. the older i get = the less i am willing to put up with. and the older the guy = the more i expect he's mature and not into playing dating games. i guess i expect it from younger guys...

If someone was playing hard to get, I probably wouldn't even know that they were "playing", and would figure that they are just not interested, and I would move on.

• Like 4
  • Author
@OP....ask yourself this, are you a masochist? If the answer is no, then why would you self inflict the pain on yourself..is that particular booty call worth it?

One of the less alluring things for me is a somewhat decent looking person, with nothing else to offer trying to capitalize on just looks. I am NOT one of those men that will go all in for just a less than stellar all-rounder.

I have been there before, and it explains why am divorced. Doing it again will just be madness...on my part. My attitude now? A hole is just a hole...I need more to distinguish a particular one from the others

I just find myself going after the wrong chicks who turn out to this ****. I am the type of guy who wants to play it straight and be honest on what I want. It would be nice to get that honesty in return.

• Author
Cut them off. Either you're in or you're out.

Exactly. Don't waste time if you are not in just because you like the attention.

Not worth it. Everytime I play games with women. I mean when they act hard to get. I lose everytime. Only happen twice. Like I tell my friends dont chase people. Make them come to you... once you have that you win. You gotta ask yourself is it worth it. Once you decide to take that bait you are in their world. Will you get upset if you chase and get nothing in return? I do thats why I dont chase!

In my opinion, playing hard to get or any sort of dating game is one of the most irritating and frustrating things in my opinion. I have never really got the point of it and I feel it makes things harder than it needs to be. I don't want to spend all my time chasing after someone if they are not really interested because it becomes then it turns out to be a waste of time. I don't like all these confusing mindgames and wondering where I stand. If you like me, let's go out. But if not, let me know and I will calmly move on. But I don't want to waste my time on pointless mind games. That's my opinion.

Don't waste your time. Don't regret after you've decided to quit.

I just find myself going after the wrong chicks who turn out to this ****. I am the type of guy who wants to play it straight and be honest on what I want. It would be nice to get that honesty in return.

Women don't yield to honesty or reasoning. They can't process logic. The minimum brain power you use, the better.

Women don't yield to honesty or reasoning. They can't process logic. The minimum brain power you use, the better.

Hmmmm....never looked at it that way. Interesting

Cut them off personally.

I want someone emotionally mature and straight forward as I'm the same and playing games is the exact opposite of that.

You like me, I like you, we see where it goes. That's what I'm into. Not toying around.

• Like 1

Games suck but it really depends on my mood. lol Best to be the bigger person in certain situations and not lower yourself but we all play along sometimes. It all just depends on the situation and the individual.

It depends on the game they're playing. The "hard to get" game is juvenile and gets boring pretty quickly.

I like to be straight up about things generally, but I'm not against playing along. It can be fun sometimes!

• Like 1
It depends on the game they're playing. The "hard to get" game is juvenile and gets boring pretty quickly.

I like to be straight up about things generally, but I'm not against playing along. It can be fun sometimes!

That's how I feel!

• Like 1

I would cut them off. I am a grown woman who has no need or desire to play games.

The way I see it, you want me or you don't. Why would I waste my time trying to cater to what someone who is seemingly not interested wants? It makes no sense.

• Like 1

If I find out someone's playing games, I'm out.

I know there's a dance - if you will - between two people who are getting to know each other. But if someone's more obsessed with the "chase" rather than getting to know me, then they never wanted me in the first place.

Now, in the bedroom and in a RL, I'm down for "games" between the sheets ;)

But, when you think about it, some people are just ignorant when it comes to dating (BTW, "ignorance" is not an insult, it means you literally don't have enough knowledge about something). So, they may do things that someone or some book told them works.

So, if they are ignorant, aren't trying to f-with my head, and/or aren't obsessed with the "chase", then I'll work with them cuz I've had to rely on books and/or what people say on how to date...heck, I even still post on this forum asking for help...so, I can emphasize with someone who's trying, but needs to be schooled.

it depends how interested I am in them.

I'll either tell them knock off the games they are not needed or I'll walk away. Typically ends it right then and there.

• Like 2
  • Author
it depends how interested I am in them.

I'll either tell them knock off the games they are not needed or I'll walk away. Typically ends it right then and there.

I should say that more often. It would save sometime.

I only play hard to get with a guy who is being shady i.e. contacting me sporadically - I like to give them a taste of their own medicine for the whole disappearing/reappearing act.

I give the guy a couple more chances to step up. If it continues, I get bored/frustrated and move on.

• Like 1
acrosstheuniverse
If someone was playing hard to get, I probably wouldn't even know that they were "playing", and would figure that they are just not interested, and I would move on.

Ditto!

As a teenager the whole, sporadic contact, not being available thing really turned me on and got me pining after a guy. As an adult? No chance. If someone appears even remotely uninterested I move on. There are plenty of guys waiting who are ready to put effort in.

I agree with you, I too absolutely hate mind games I think the problem is most people arnt really intreasted in getting into a relationship, they are just addicted to the buzz they get when someone is chasing after them, if you think about it once you managed to get the person you were after the chasing game is over and the buzz is gone.Thats when you have to ask yourself do you really want to be with a person like that? I know I wouldnt.