Mixed Signals?

PusherLove86

I'll try and make this as short as possible. Basically, met a girl on match.com lol so idk why I'm posting here but whatever, started texting, she was very erratic with her replies, sometimes within minutes, some within hours lol. I asked her to hang out that upcoming weekend but she was just getting back from a business trip in Cali and said she had parties for her grandma and such (which she did actually because she added me on instagram and it was true). Still though, I took it that she wasn't interested and backed off and didn't text her, the following week she texted me and apologized for being somewhat MIA and asked if I was free to get drinks soon. She was busy Friday and Saturday so we met on Sunday and it was great. She was even more beautiful in person, no awkward silence and the conversations and laughter kept flowing. At the end, which was much later than expected, we stood outside and talked and to my surprise she went in for a kiss. I was suprised because 1) I never had a girl make the first move like that especially on a first date and 2) it was my first date as a result of meeting online. Anyway it was a great kiss and followed up with a few more lol and we agreed we had a great time and wanted to meet up again. We have been texting and she still is erratic with it I guess because she is busy with her job but she had to cancel Thursday when we were supposed to meet up again but it was very apologetic and she assured me she is still interested and wants to meet up as soon as I'm back from vacation because her schedule is going to lighten up a bit. So, I think its her kissing me like that that has thrown me off but does she seem interested or should I take the cancellation as lack of interest or just her being busy? Thanks :)

• Author

Eh somewhat, we both said we were new to it. I was the first person she met from there since joining in August and she was my second date from there in the same time period. I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket but I had a great time and there was obviously mutual attraction plus I've been out of the single life for a while so I overthink everything lol.

She probably is busy and she probaby is pretty active on the dating site and she probably is interested like she says. I just don't think yiu are the highest in the list of men she is interested in...yet.

Keep your cool, accept the cancellation, absolutely don't stop your activity on the dating site just because you had one good date. You have to continue full force on that dating site until you have a girlfriend. The moment you slow down, is the moment they you will look down into your hands and realize that they are empty.

It was important to handle that cancellation in a specific way but the water is under the bridge. Just keep going now.

Eh somewhat, we both said we were new to it. I was the first person she met from there since joining in August and she was my second date from there in the same time period. I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket but I had a great time and there was obviously mutual attraction plus I've been out of the single life for a while so I overthink everything lol.

Hey, I'm pretty active on a dating site and I can tell you that most of the women I meet on there always tell me I'm the first guy they have actually met in person from the site. I don't believe most of them but it's no big deal.

• Author

Appreciate the feedback. Yeah I definitely am still active myself on and off of the site. I was totally fine when she canceled and after that without me asking she said she was still interested and would tell me when is best for her when I get back. This insecurity thing is new to me lol online dating is trickier than I thought.

Genreally, be ok with the cancellation but not too ok. I was just about to get cancelled on about 30 minutes ago. I handled it in my usual way and now, although our date has been altered a bit, it is still on and we will get to meet up today. Now that I see that I am still "cancellationable." This mean that I have to turn any fire of attraction she has burning for me into a damn forest fire when I see her today. You have to do the same on your next date with her but keep it controlled.