Need to ask questions insecure

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

I know I was on the knife edge the other week but I have felt a new something for someone in recent weeks. I have this thing for a younger man. We don't know each other save for a few "Hi how are yous" in passing, we did have a chat about some work related things but other than that not much else. What stops me from going full force forward? A few things...

He's younger than me. Not sure how much but he could be as much as ten years younger than me. Like I said I don't know him and have not directly or indirectly asked. Even though I am going to be 40 in a few months I still look like I am in my twenties.

We work together. Automatic reason for caution.

The big one: I have been burned so much by apathetic or bad guys past that I have lost all self worth. I have thought all that the guys I have encountered would rather have trashy girls or someone lesser than they are.

Advice? One other thing, I know he is into Ninja Turtles and I left an anonymous TMNT gift in his office box last week. Silly of me isn't it?

mortensorchid,

I know he is into Ninja Turtles

How old is this guy?

Do you want a boyfriend or to babysit?

And this is a big fat NO for a start,

We work together.

Stop cradling-snatching and find some guy your own age to date.:rolleyes:

I think the gift thing is a sweet touch.

You must, must, must build up yourself esteem though, because if you dont care for yourself, no one will care for you.

or

You'll wonder why someone is treating you so great and feel you dont deserve it.

Try, working out. Looking good, getting some nice clothes. Those are usually big confidence boosters for women, as far as I know.

- Then you might want to ask this guy questions about himself when you can. Just take an interest to who he is and what he's about. Its a good way to start off

• Like 2

Why not just get to know him and see where it leads? There's no harm in that.

Does he seem interested in you?

And you're the only person who has control of your self-worth. Being broken up with shouldn't have an impact on that when you realize it's his loss.

• Like 1
mortensorchid,

How old is this guy?

Do you want a boyfriend or to babysit?

And this is a big fat NO for a start,

Stop cradling-snatching and find some guy your own age to date.:rolleyes:

Hes prob just a geeky kinda guy nothing wrong with that really tho maybe not something everyone wants to deal with I guess.. I would be more weary of a work place thing tbh..

I think we need to know the age in order to better advise you what to do...

I mean, Ninja Turtles doesn't tell much.

I watch cartoons and I'm going on 40 too....

• Like 3

As long as he's not a bronie you should be good.

Just start flirting with him a little morten. Stroke his ego dammit and see if that inspires him.

• Author
mortensorchid

I had to Google what a bronie was, and when I read and saw visual examples of things I just about puked. Rest assured, I am 99.99% sure he is not one of those misguided people. If he was, then I would run.

I hope that TMNT gift wasn't too creepy. I'll see how I feel come Monday morning.

• Author
mortensorchid

I encountered him on Monday morning. Please be advised in this situation that he and I are both teachers in the same building and Mondays and Tuesdays are usually very busy days. Now? I'm not sure what to do for the fact that there are time constraints keeping he and I apart from having an actual chat. Advise?