bad second date

the tank

I had a great first date, but tonight the second date was bad. I didnt feel the chemistry that I felt during the first date. She had a rough week at work . maybe she was tired. or some parts of his personality came to light ? I cant point out.

Have you ever gone on a first date, that was great and then on the second date you didn't feel the same thing ?

I've not only experienced this but once even had a second date was a complete disaster. We still managed to get into a one year relationship afterward. Don't throw in the towel unless you are ready too just because of a not so sparkling 2nd date.

• Like 2
  • Author

I will give another chance. Maybe because of the first date I had too much expectation, we texted back and forth during the last week. We talked to see each other after my exam week . Next week we are both busy. I will do less texting.

Yes, keep hammering away at it. In these days of the internet and social media, it's so easy to throw away relationships or dates and not give them a real chance. Why give things a real chance when you can just walk right back up to the vending machine and press number 3 on the key pad and have another date drop down from the shelf to replace the previous one?

• Like 1

If it fizzled already it's not worth date three. Life is too short to settle for mediocrity which this clearly is. You know it?

What made the date so bad? Was it just a lack of connecting or do you feel like she wasn't as interested in you this time around or vice versa?

• Author
What made the date so bad? Was it just a lack of connecting or do you feel like she wasn't as interested in you this time around or vice versa?

Restaurant was great. We ate in an indian reataurant. Small place. We were next to each other so had physical contact. We laugh . Nothing feel weird. Than while walking to a pub, she asked me if we could go to starbuck. I said sure. I offer her to pay . She said no thanks. Conversation were ok. She asked to go home after we finished our drink. We went to the subway station than talked a bit , kiss on the cheeks.

I know she had a big week (lot of overtime) . Maybe she said yes to come after the restaurant to please me ? ( I asked her during the date) . I remember at the beginning , she told me if this wasn't of the date she will have stayed home.

After a good night of sleep . I think the problem is me. I think i am protecting myself because i got hurt so many time.

Restaurant was great. We ate in an indian reataurant. Small place. We were next to each other so had physical contact. We laugh . Nothing feel weird. Than while walking to a pub, she asked me if we could go to starbuck. I said sure. I offer her to pay . She said no thanks. Conversation were ok. She asked to go home after we finished our drink. We went to the subway station than talked a bit , kiss on the cheeks.

I know she had a big week (lot of overtime) . Maybe she said yes to come after the restaurant to please me ? ( I asked her during the date) . I remember at the beginning , she told me if this wasn't of the date she will have stayed home.

After a good night of sleep . I think the problem is me. I think i am protecting myself because i got hurt so many time.

From what it seems it doesn't seem like the date went that bad, there was laughter and such. I wasn't there so I can't say for sure though. It's tough letting your guard down to someone you're just dating, i'm in the same boat as you. Have you contacted the girl since?

• Author
From what it seems it doesn't seem like the date went that bad, there was laughter and such. I wasn't there so I can't say for sure though. It's tough letting your guard down to someone you're just dating, i'm in the same boat as you. Have you contacted the girl since?

Restaurant went well. I think you are right . She texted me yesterday in the afternoon. I was surprise. We exchange few sms. I will invite her again after my exam week, maybe I could cook for her. And will see what happen !

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I choose to plan a third date for thursday, but since i have too much a bad feeling, i will cancel it tomorrow. thanks everyone.