First date, should I pay?

samverhoeff

I know a male is supposed to, but is it 100% crucial?

I only work casually and don't have that much money. I have a date in a few days. I can pay for it all but with my current low income it would be really preferable that I don't.

I met the girl at a concert, got her number, and called her and set the date up, so it was me who set up the date. If it is really important and it make or break if I don't pay for it all, then I will do so, it is my first date ever so I am not sure how it works to be fair.

You initiated the date so yes you should pay. Hopefully you chose to do something you can afford.

Even if you were a woman, I would say you initiated you pay. It's not about gender.

• Like 1

Yep, even if she takes her wallet out and offers to pay or even leave a tip.....DON'T let her. So if you don't want to foot a huge bill, take her out for a smoothie or ice cream and a walk around a lake and sit on a bench and feed the ducks.

• Like 2

Yes, you invited her on a first date and it's very important you pay when you invite someone and until you have been together awhile and then understand each other's positions financially.

I agree you do not have to do anything expensive with her. A picnic at the park, a hobby you both share like skating or a short hike to a local wildlife area are all fine as long as you agree on it beforehand so she knows what to wear. You should be honest with her that you are not loaded with money because some girls do want someone who is free with money, but I think there are a lot more who just want someone nice to do simple things with.

Doesnt matter who asks who out.

I dont think it matters who pays, and I dont think thats what you should be worrying about. You should be thinking if you like her or not

I'm with the traditional sense that men pay for the date and I think a lot of women are of the same opinion :)

• Like 2

Yes. Coming from a guy, it's best to always pay for the first date. If she's cool, she'll offer to buy you a drink after dinner.

• Like 2