First Date looking to Second?

peterso2

Hi,

I went on a date Tuesday. It went well, we had drinks for about 2 hours and talked almost the entire time - it went by pretty quick.

At the end of the date I said I had a good time and would be gone this weekend, she said "Your the guy you should set something up" (or something along those lines).. So I text her yesterday, "How was your day?" ... no response... Then I said "Thanks for coming out! I loved your personality. Look forward to it again" about an hour later... All she responds is "I had a fun time too!"... how do you read into this?

Is it acceptable to call on Sunday and try to set something up for perhaps a walk around town and dinner on Wednesday next week... is that bad? She mentioned her favorite resaturant.. Is that too long? She told me the last guy she met would text her way too much and my lack of texting made me seem hard to get

Also, girls/guys is this kiss thing overrated or should it be happening by date 2? I know you don't want to force it, but I was sick on the first date and feel like there should be something to take it to the next level by second date.

Jason

"How are you?" texts are the worst. Those texts are needy in themselvels, and you should not ask them to people you just met.

Ask those to people that you are already close to.

Dont 2nd guess yourself, if you want to ask her out for another day. Do so.

Stop walking on egg shells. If she doesnt like you for who you are so be it.

Lastly, you shouldnt be thinking of kissing her yet, because you dont even know her. Do you just make a habit of kissing people you dont know?

See other women too

Right, stop with the meaningless banter.

She said she wanted you to ask her out again. Why haven't you? She's already told you exactly what you need to do.

Stop thinking about what is acceptable or what you should be doing and just follow your instincts. The dating "rules" that some people follow are a load of BS. Human interaction is dynamic - everyone is different.

• Author

Ok understood...thanks guys..

Just curious if we went out Tuesday night and I text her Wednesday. .im not gonna be in town this weekend should I wait until Sunday to call her or do it tonight to set something up for next week? Again most here would probably say I'm over analyzing it.

Yes you're over-analyzing it. Analyze it like this.

If you call her up tonight and she wants to go out with you again, would she think "omg he called me too soon, better say no"? Pretty unlikely. If she wants to go out with you then she'll say yes. Whereas if you wait 3 days, maybe she'll think you're not that keen, she'll make other plans with other guys, etc.

If she doesn't want to go out with you, what does it matter? She will say no tonight or she will say no in 3 days time. Might as well find out sooner rather than later.

So there's really nothing to be gained by waiting. This 3 day rule thing is a ridiculous myth invented by players and PUA's.

• Like 2

She specifically said, "you're the guy, you set something up" and what do you do??? You don't set anything up! Text or call her and set something up for Pete's Sake.

Yes you're over-analyzing it. Analyze it like this.

If you call her up tonight and she wants to go out with you again, would she think "omg he called me too soon, better say no"? Pretty unlikely. If she wants to go out with you then she'll say yes. Whereas if you wait 3 days, maybe she'll think you're not that keen, she'll make other plans with other guys, etc.

If she doesn't want to go out with you, what does it matter? She will say no tonight or she will say no in 3 days time. Might as well find out sooner rather than later.

So there's really nothing to be gained by waiting. This 3 day rule thing is a ridiculous myth invented by players and PUA's.

hahaha Cheers

You took the time to analyze his over-analysis.

:laugh:

I really don't understand the whole wait-so-many-days-hours-and-minutes-to-call rule. I call or text when I feel like doing so and I am here to tell you, it is ok to do it. I have never regretted it or had someone trash me for it.

I always kiss by date #2 no matter what. Unless the date went bad, even if I feel like their is no interest on her part, I go in for the kiss. It's my way of saying "in case there was any misinterpretation here, this is not a friendly outing between us."

Edited by Jules Dash
  • Author

thanks for your help Jules I just left a voicemail at around 830 no response so I'll play the waiting game and see what happens but I guess she's truly interested she'll call me back. Basically said I had fun Tuesday and I wanted to ask her out for a second date but was looking for her schedule next week and to have her get back to me when she has a chance..kinda feeling like f it..it happens so be it. She's most likely out on a Friday

Jason

I really don't understand the whole wait-so-many-days-hours-and-minutes-to-call rule. I call or text when I feel like doing so and I am here to tell you, it is ok to do it. I have never regretted it or had someone trash me for it.

I always kiss by date #2 no matter what. Unless the date went bad, even if I feel like their is no interest on her part, I go in for the kiss. It's my way of saying "in case there was any misinterpretation here, this is not a friendly outing between us."

My last 10 dates have ended up in either me getting a BJ (usually their car) or me touching 3rd base. I usually going to for the kiss as well on meet n greet.

Also, girls/guys is this kiss thing overrated or should it be happening by date 2?

If not at the meet n greet, then by the 1st date.

Speaking of which..I had this meet n greet back in the early summer, it ended up with us bra shopping for her, a meal (she paid) and movie (she paid) in the same mall. In the movie theater, her hand was you know where all the way through, and after I got a BJ in her car.

I didn't hear from her since then until today where she blew my phone up with sexting images, and how she missed my warm hugs, sexy butt and things she will like to do to me.