Unsure how I feel about a girl

counterman

So I got out of a relationship about 5 to 6 months ago. It was very toxic and there were a lot of issues, such as her bringing up problems with her ex-boyfriends into our relationship and projecting them onto me.

At the moment, I am seeing this girl. We were close friends and have been hanging out for a month or two and now I guess we're seeing each other exclusively. We have kissed several times. However, she had only gotten out of a relationship a month ago; the relationship was over 2 years and her ex-boyfriend constantly abused her and mistreated her. At the moment, she is filing for a restraining order. Although she has cut off all contact with him, he has been contacting her friends and trying to ruin her image. She says she is dealing with it fine.

I don't know how I feel about her. With the incident with her ex-boyfriend, I don't know whether it is a good idea to start something with her. She does treat me well and I am happy around her. At the moment though, I don't know whether I am ready for a relationship. Would it be a good idea to just take things slow? She is asking questions in regards to what we are, whether we're just friends or something more. I honestly would like to try to see how it goes.

I am just confused as to what I should do. I've never been in this situation.

Talk this out with her and be honest, tell her you like her but doesn't want to rush things because you're both from bad relationships. I'm sure if she's a great girl like what you've said, she'll appreciate the honesty and sincerity.

• Like 2

Some people have baggage...IMO, the best way to find out if they've really got over the demons is with time...

So, you gotta risk taking the time to get to see what they are like...