She told me she liked me during the first date.

Jame22

I'm 24 and I've never made it past the 3rd date with anyone. I'm getting more confident, I've been going in for the kiss and making moves much faster than I have in the past and from what I can tell, I'm really starting to turn things around.

Recently I've dated 3 woman who have straight up told me that they like me on the 1st or 2nd date. It really catches me off guard but I love hearing it. I moved to a new city so I lost my last two prospects but last night I went on another first date. We went back to her place, it got hot and heavy and she told me something along the lines of "I like you and I really don't like anyone"...whoaa

Do girls normally say things like this so quickly?

yeah but still, on the first date?

I am sure she said she liked the food also....does that mean she has a thing for the chef?????

From the urban dictionary:

.In some teenage girls, a word spoken in between each word in a sentence.
  • Author
I am sure she said she liked the food also....does that mean she has a thing for the chef?????

That's different haha

Take it as encouragement - nothing more. And for God's sake, be sure to say, "good, because I am liking you as well" if you mean it.

yeah but still, on the first date?

I've told girls I like them after a brief conversation not even in person. It's a sweet/innocent thing to say. It's not meant to shatter your world. You're thinking too much.

Personally, I couldn't imagine telling someone I like them on the first date. I don't know you so how can I say I like you? No, it isn't near as serious as telling someone you love them, but me telling someone I like them is usually further down the road. But then again, I also don't bring guys back to my place after date one. So YMMV.

Some people are straightforward & it's definitely a positive sign but hold your horses. This wasn't a marriage proposal or a declaration that this person wants to have your children. It may be no more significant then her saying I like Chocolate ice cream.

We went back to her place, it got hot and heavy and she told me something along the lines of "I like you and I really don't like anyone"...whoaa

haha, that is so funny.

1st date, at her place, things are hot & heavy, of course she told you she liked you lol,

If you were a woman I would tell you to not believe what a man says when he has a h-on. I think the advice is good the other way around as well.

haha, that is so funny.

1st date, at her place, things are hot & heavy, of course she told you she liked you lol,

If you were a woman I would tell you to not believe what a man says when he has a h-on. I think the advice is good the other way around as well.

Just want to follow up and say this happened to me as well. First date we went for drinks, back to my place where things got hot and heavy. The whole night she would tell me all the things I wanted to hear basically, how cute I am, starting to like you, etc. Three days later she ends up going ghost on me.

Not saying this is going to happen, just saying be careful and watch out. Early on I don't believe what women say anymore. Too bad it took me a few years to realize this and follow my Dad's advice.

• Author
Just want to follow up and say this happened to me as well. First date we went for drinks, back to my place where things got hot and heavy. The whole night she would tell me all the things I wanted to hear basically, how cute I am, starting to like you, etc. Three days later she ends up going ghost on me.

Not saying this is going to happen, just saying be careful and watch out. Early on I don't believe what women say anymore. Too bad it took me a few years to realize this and follow my Dad's advice.

Any advice? At the end of the date I mentioned going to an amusement park next weekend and she confirmed that she was free but I don't plan on texting her/calling her. I figure If she's actually into me she'll get in contact. Is that a good way to go?

I accidentally pocket texted her one day after the date :eek:. (Somehow I managed to resend a text I had sent the previous night.) For some reason I really don't think that'll hurt my chances though..

Any advice? but I don't plan on texting her/calling her. I figure If she's actually into me she'll get in contact. Is that a good way to go?

Don't play games like a 15 year old girl. She told you she was free, that is like a yes to your invitation, call her and set a day and time to meet.

• Like 2
  • Author
haha, that is so funny.

hahaha I did this once!!! I flew over to SF to visit an acquaintance. We were making out in bed and she asked me what my favorite part of the trip was and I said something along the lines of "this"..kind of slipped out..oops hahah. We still email and stuff but I'm still on the line as to whether I like her as more than a friend. AKA my h-on was doing the talking lol

• Like 1
  • Author
Don't play games like a 15 year old girl. She told you she was free, that is like a yes to your invitation, call her and set a day and time to meet.

I'm not sure If I agree with you. Sometimes games are necessary.

WhatIsLove2014
I'm not sure If I agree with you. Sometimes games are necessary.

But she's not playing games with you. You brought up the amusement park, she told you she was free. Why would she text you to follow up on something YOU suggested?

Imagine it from the other side...she is posting...

I went out with this guy, I told him I liked him, things got hot and heavy. He invited me to go out to an amusement park and I told him I was free to go but I haven't heard from him in x days.

• Like 1
That's different haha

Hate to say I told you so.....it was like, like, like she really liked me, like, like seriously, like

• Author

It's not over! She never responded to the amusement park text two nights ago so this morning I just flat out asked her if she wanted to come over for some wine tonight...Then I deleted the message and her number. To my surprise she just responded and told me she got called into work and didn't know when she'd be off. I told her that I wanted to see her again and that she should give me a text when she gets some free time. Ball is in her court.

To my surprise she just responded and told me she got called into work and didn't know when she'd be off.

^ Hmm, I smell a rat and a half. Me think she got a better offer to your amusement park / come over tonight. How convenient that she just got called in, and she doesn't know when she will be done :rolleyes:

Time to exert your energy elsewhere.

• Like 1