Physical contact and kissing mid-date

mpolitt

Once I am in a relationship, this topic is never a problem with me as it becomes obvious. However, at this point I am just about to go on my 5th or 6th date with a woman. A prolonged goodnight kiss and hug are a given at this point, but I would love to try something at least a tiny bit more spontaneous (and I believe she would like me to do the same).

I could use some general pointers on this subject. In particular, how to make any moves less awkward. Our date this weekend will be a drive out of town and a short hike followed by a picnic of sorts.

So you haven't kissed her or anything yet? Just out of curiosity why has it taken so long for you to kiss her if you haven't?

I would say the best way would be to touch throughout the date. Give her a hug when you see her. That way when you try and go for the kiss it doesn't seem impossible because you've already established some form of touching.

• Like 1
DivorcedDad123

Just kiss her. While hiking would be good. If you're holding hands,just stop,pull her to you,and kiss her.Not a little "peck" either. Give her something to think about during the rest of the hike.

There's no wrong time for a kiss.

• Like 5
  • Author
Just kiss her. While hiking would be good. If you're holding hands,just stop,pull her to you,and kiss her.Not a little "peck" either. Give her something to think about during the rest of the hike.

There's no wrong time for a kiss.

Thanks for the advice. I easily come up with an excuse not to kiss her, but if we're alone there shouldn't be any excuses.

• Author
So you haven't kissed her or anything yet? Just out of curiosity why has it taken so long for you to kiss her if you haven't?

I would say the best way would be to touch throughout the date. Give her a hug when you see her. That way when you try and go for the kiss it doesn't seem impossible because you've already established some form of touching.

I've kissed her the past two dates, but it has always been at the end. Both were short dates and in public most of the time. It always takes me forever because I can't read her interest whatsoever. Being a pessimist in general doesn't help either.

I've made a few simple touches here and there and she hasn't run away screaming yet. Thanks for the advice.

Kiss her hello! That breaks the touch barrier immediately.

Take her hand when you are walking. Place your hand at the small of her back when you open doors for her.

Since you are familiar with mid-date affection when in a relationship look for the opportune moment during your date & kiss her :bunny:

• Like 3

i'd take her hand on the drive, that'll warm the date up right from the start. hold her hand while driving to your destination and it'll be far easier to do something within the date itself.

• Like 1

Take her hand when you are walking. Place your hand at the small of her back when you open doors for her.

Since you are familiar with mid-date affection when in a relationship look for the opportune moment during your date & kiss her :bunny:

This. Do this.

/end thread

• Like 1
Standard-Fare

I agree with the suggestions to touch her subtly throughout the date. Hiking is a great excuse for that, because you can "assist" her when you're climbing and up and down rocks, etc.

Whether or not you end up making out on the hike itself, it's time for you to do that at some point during this date, even if it's in your car at the end. No meaningful physical contact by Date#5/6 will transfer you quickly to "friend zone."

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks. Makes sense to make a move earlier, because the pressure builds over time. Need to trust what I know as well.