Keeping a potential spark going

Pasta Sauce

I was contacted by a woman through eHarmony a few weeks ago, and we met up the other day in person for the first time. We were messaging and going through the questions for about a week before our date. Nothing too formal as she is a fairly reserved/shy person, just coffee and a walk through some markets, so we could get to know each other face to face. Things went quite well, some definite chemisty between us and we’ve texted each other a few times since then.

I work away from town for a few weeks at a time, and with her work/study schedule we haven’t been able to see each other again before I leave. She said she is okay with my work situation, and made a point of saying that if I’M still interested when I get back that she would definitely like to see me again.

Now my question is, does anyone have some advice on how to keep the spark going for the next fortnight, so that when I get back she won’t have forgotten about me? It seems too early for flowers/gifts but who's to say I'm the only person trying to stay in her thoughts for the next two weeks?

Awkward Grace

Hi,

maybe message each other off and on and come up with what you both would like to do on your next date? Then have arrangements made right before you get back to give her something to look forward to?

• Author

Thanks for the ideas!

I know it seems like dating 101 but I haven't been interested in anyone as shy as her before. I'm used to women who are much more forward so I'm not sure about where the "too aggressive" line is with her. I guess I'll just have to see how that goes for me!