2nd date issue!

irishguy1470

So I have this situation. I recently met a woman online and went on a date two Fridays ago. The date went well, we laughed she gave me some decent signs, but nothing completely mind blowing. At the end of the night we said we both agreed we should go on a second date (me being an idiot should have set it up then, but I didn't). Anyway I went away a little doubtful, but figured I would contact her the next day and see where it would go. She actually beat me to the point, and text me first thing Saturday morning saying she had a great time. I responded by telling her we should do it again and asked her what her schedule was for the following week. She said she probably was not available because she had her kid all week and the following weekend. I then suggested we get together the next week, which would be this current week, and she responded with she would check and see when she was available. I was completely okay with this and agreed and waited for her to get back.

A couple of days later she initiated a flirtatious conversation via text but said nothing about when she was available. The day after I initiated a conversation which she was very quick to respond to and by the end I asked her out for the following Friday at a specific place she had suggested the day after our first date. She said that day would work for her, unless she was going out of town on Saturday because her flight would be early in the morning. She said she would let me know ASAP. That was on Wednesday, and I have not mentioned the date again...giving her space to figure out what she wanted to do.

Then on Friday night she flirtatiously text me at 8 pm randomly about something, but again brought nothing up about our potential date. My question is do I try to set a date again or just let her get at me and if not, just forget it. I'm just trying to figure out if she is generally busy or if it is disinterest, and the last thing I want to do is come across as pushy.

you could try casually making convo and then throw out another date set up attempt. She might have been genuinely busy. If she shoots you down or ignores it again then just leave it

• Author

I appreciate the advice. I definitely want to try one more time but I just dont want to come across as pushy. Also I know for a fact calling her is not the best option. We had a conversation about this on our first date, nothing specific about me just in general. She's in her mid 20s and texting is her preferred form of communication.