How to contact with this girl?

quidproquo89

Hey Guys, me again lol.

Righty. I work in a supermarket and as we are short staffed sometimes we draft in workers from other branches.

This very cute 20 year old comes to our store. I chat with her on and off during the day. Thought little of it despite getting on pretty well.

This girl drives car pool with another staff member (we'll call her A).

I popped into work yesterday to look at my rota and the first thing my other colleague said is. So whats going on with this girl then or something like that. I said what do you mean? He then says well, 'the 20 year old' was talking to 'A', a lot about you a lot on the car pool home.

I was like, cool! I didn't realise I made that much of an impression.

My question is.. I don't know when this girl will come back to the shop could be this week could be in a month could be a loooong time. I would like to obviously try to advance things with her - get her number. She doesn't work in my store so there shouldn't be any problems in terms of work relationships and besides its a supermarket not the stock exchange (isn't a place where it should matter).

How do I go about making contact with her?

Try and find her on facebook and send a casual message

or

Ask her colleague she car pools with if she could give her my number (often works at our store)

or wait till she next comes in herself which who knows when that will be (she may be snapped up by someone else by that point)

I like to take every opportunity and this girl was seriously cute in a shy way - love that type :)

So what should I do?

Edited by quidproquo89
MISTAKE

I would have a private chat with car pool person and say that you liked this girl and want to find out if she is single..ask a few questions about her. Be upfront that you liked her.

If this all goes positively then ask car pool person if she would contact the girl and check if she can pass on the girl's number to you.

You'll probably get a few jokes about liking her..but that's part of the fun.

If she is shy she is going to be less likely to contact you if you pass out your number and she might find FB contact a bit forward...you just don't know.

• Like 1
  • Author
I would have a private chat with car pool person and say that you liked this girl and want to find out if she is single..ask a few questions about her. Be upfront that you liked her.

If this all goes positively then ask car pool person if she would contact the girl and check if she can pass on the girl's number to you.

You'll probably get a few jokes about liking her..but that's part of the fun.

If she is shy she is going to be less likely to contact you if you pass out your number and she might find FB contact a bit forward...you just don't know.

I asked a mate who works at her shop. He thought she had a fella, as to why she was saying how much she liked me, I don't know?

I ended up adding her on facebook. I haven't messaged her or anything yet though.

I think you might get a better picture out of car pool person..and I suspect car pool person is female?

Maybe she is with someone but I would check it out via that source rather than your mate.

Is there any indication on FB that she is with someone just now?

• Author
I think you might get a better picture out of car pool person..and I suspect car pool person is female?

Maybe she is with someone but I would check it out via that source rather than your mate.

Is there any indication on FB that she is with someone just now?

Shes with a guy on her cover photo, but this isn't obvious whether he's a mate or not. Her relationship status says no relationship to show.

I will ask the car pool woman. Just came out of nowhere, I didn't do much apart from of course being my charming self lol :p, it was others have said - that she likes me and so forth.

I'll find out from the car pool woman :).

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Author
Good luck! :)

Let us know what happens...

any ideas why she would be saying she really likes me if she has a bf?

Well...you/we don't know the situation with the bf.

She might not be into him (if he exists even).

She might have decided to break up with him already.

I think you'll have to wait and see on that score as you don't know for sure.

• Like 1
  • Author
Well...you/we don't know the situation with the bf.

She might not be into him (if he exists even).

She might have decided to break up with him already.

I think you'll have to wait and see on that score as you don't know for sure.

true, its not my only option so I'll put it on the back burner, thanks Gemma :)

• Author

What do you think about casually chatting with this girl on facebook - no motive, just to casually chat? no biggy

What do you think about casually chatting with this girl on facebook - no motive, just to casually chat? no biggy

I am all to the point. And I think girls find it more sexy since you're acting confident and not beating around the bush.

'Hey, I really enjoyed our conversation the other day when we met. I'd love to continue it. Have dinner with me?'

;) Just my style.

• Author
I am all to the point. And I think girls find it more sexy since you're acting confident and not beating around the bush.

'Hey, I really enjoyed our conversation the other day when we met. I'd love to continue it. Have dinner with me?'

;) Just my style.

we weren't sure where she is on the boyfriend front, whether she has one or what.

It was more of a.. show that I'm about but not push things.

I'm not the sort to steal someone from a boyfriend, but if she isn't happy. I'd like to show that I'm available and then just step back.

You know, don't push any boundaries, but not slip through the cracks

... otherwise, chemist I would have made a move by now if she was obviously single :)

Edited by quidproquo89
added more

There is a motive though really, isn't there?

No point hiding it, be up front and ask her out or if she's single or whatever.

• Author
There is a motive though really, isn't there?

No point hiding it, be up front and ask her out or if she's single or whatever.

true. I wanted to say that I'm not a arrogant girl stealer really.

But your right, I am going to find out.

My question was really at this point, whether casual contact over facebook would be ok or not?