LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

26 year old female kissed an 18 year old guy. Wrong?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Chemist
  • 2 Post By gaius
  • 1 Post By mammasita
  • 1 Post By Arieswoman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th October 2014, 9:24 AM   #1

26 year old female kissed an 18 year old guy. Wrong?

Hi. Basically, I went to a party at a friend's house last week. This guy who is 18 was hitting on me a bit and I told him he was too young for me. Anyway, he stopped after that but we carried on talking a lot of the night as we just seemed to get on well. I did make sure he knew I thought he was too young for in that way though.

Anyway, I got completely wasted that night and I ended up kissing him a couple of times. Now I feel really bad about it. Is what I did wrong? And if so, how bad is it? I feel awful and really embarrassed about it.

Thanks
CazJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 9:29 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CazJay View Post
Hi. Basically, I went to a party at a friend's house last week. This guy who is 18 was hitting on me a bit and I told him he was too young for me. Anyway, he stopped after that but we carried on talking a lot of the night as we just seemed to get on well. I did make sure he knew I thought he was too young for in that way though.

Anyway, I got completely wasted that night and I ended up kissing him a couple of times. Now I feel really bad about it. Is what I did wrong? And if so, how bad is it? I feel awful and really embarrassed about it.

Thanks
Lol, no, not to me. He's an adult.. and 8 years is nothing. I think girls place a lot on age when it's not as important as you might think. Sure a 40 year old has nothing in common with a 20 year old, but you're within a decade.
gaius likes this.
Chemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 9:42 AM   #3
Established Member

Isn't the rule of creepiness something like (age/2) + 7?

So that puts you at minimum "acceptable" age 20.

If you follow such things, then yah, feel bad. REAL bad. Like, horrible even!

Otherwise, calm down. It's just some making out. I'm sure he's bragging to his friends about it right this moment.
Fondue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 9:47 AM   #4
Established Member

You really do owe him an apology. Should invite him over to your place and apologize over a bottle of wine. Make sure to get all decked out, looking nice will go a long way toward proving you're sorry.
gaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 10:09 AM   #5
Established Member

He's 18 and legal. Unless you used to babysit him or he's a friend of your son or your daughters boyfriend then just suck it up and move on.
Gaeta likes this.
Old 13th October 2014, 10:10 AM   #6
Established Member

CazJay,
If you are both 18 or over, then you are consenting adults in my book and there's nothing wrong with it.

Fill your boots
Gaeta likes this.
Arieswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 3:00 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CazJay View Post

Thanks
No disrespect but you kept pushing him away and reaffirming your position on the age difference. You let the booze take over and came away unscathed. Be thankful that you didn't wake up together with a ton of questions about the night before.

My sister would tell you to stop making his age a big deal and enjoy his stamina.
Trane is offline   Reply With Quote